Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, I get responsibility for a company vehicle, which will involve circa £80 to £150 of diesel a week (depending on season).
As in Bury st Edmunds, Sainsburys (Nectar) and Tesco (clubcard) are relatively near to each other and on my daily route. Which card in your opinion has a better redemption value ??
Fuel price is irrelevant as I don't pay for it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clubcard all the way. I don't even bother to get my Nectar out any more. The Waitrose card is even less use.

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
On Monday, I get responsibility for a company vehicle, which will involve circa £80 to £150 of diesel a week (depending on season).
As in Bury st Edmunds, Sainsburys (Nectar) and Tesco (clubcard) are relatively near to each other and on my daily route. Which card in your opinion has a better redemption value ??
Fuel price is irrelevant as I don't pay for it.
Don't do it (go for Nectar or clubcard points) if you are paying with your own card and reclaiming from the company.

There are tax consequences and it will come back to haunt you.

If you submit receipts showing club card etc points your company should tell you not to.

If you cut of the bit showing the points then they should also say they noticed what you have done.

HMRC are quite hot on this.

·
Registered
33,202 Posts
Buy with waitrose credit card and get cash back . Shop at Tesco and encourage a dodgy company who get data on what you buy so they can get the most from you whilst looking like they are giving you deals. Home | Tescopoly

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't do it (go for Nectar or clubcard points) if you are paying with your own card and reclaiming from the company.

There are tax consequences and it will come back to haunt you.

No problems there...Fuel bought with company fuel card.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buy with waitrose credit card and get cash back . Shop at Tesco and encourage a dodgy company who get data on what you buy so they can get the most from you whilst looking like they are giving you deals. Home | Tescopoly
Waitrose a bit too posh for me.:lol:

·
Registered
37,599 Posts
Are HMRC that short of companies to tax that they are chasing folks for their club card points from filling up the company car?

Do the revenue tax companies for their free lawnmowers bought with club card points?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
£100 a week spend = 75 litres = 37.5 clubcard points a week = face value of 37p a week. if the revenue are seriously clamping down on this kind of thing then i'm appalled. there really are some ever-so-slightly bigger fish to fry out there.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crazycarb - ignore me at your peril.
I'm not sure how our company system works, as it is a large corporation with the main head office in Paris.(with a UK operating office)
All the fuel receipts from fuel useage bought via the fuel card at branch level normally get binned and presumably head office then pay one big bill for the 75 branches.
This vehicle isn't part of my salary, but a work tool that for security reasons is better off at my place than left out at branch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts