Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped along today for the first time in eight years.

On the AROC stand - a gorgeous light green 1750 (or 2000) Berlina, a rarely seen or appreciated Alfa (I remember as a kid that hidden compartment in the rear armrest :)). There was also a V6 powered purple-ish Spider that was wonderful. A Zagato (1750?), too - you can see where Honda took inspiration for the 1983 CR-X from. Very nice display, AROC folks. :)

Also took a good look at the Citroen 2CV. They're actually quite a lot bigger than I remember. American muscle was there in force - a black Camaro on black steelies with chrome hub caps - oh, yes please.

I'll share more of what I saw later, as it was a long day (I've been up since 3am!) and my brain's fading :)

Jolly good show, though :)

If you went, share your highlights please :)

·
Registered
14,573 Posts
I haven't been for a couple of years. This year I couldn't do Friday or Saturday and, whilst Sunday was technically free, I went to a beer festival on Saturday night so was a bit below par.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will go next year. Was pricey, mind; train ticket was 50 bob (couldn't be ar5ed to drive; 'let the train take the strain' etc) and entrance was £30. That's 80 notes gone even before I'd admired a Marina.

But no biggie, given the metal on show.

·
Registered
14,573 Posts
I think I will go next year. Was pricey, mind; train ticket was 50 bob (couldn't be ar5ed to drive; 'let the train take the strain' etc) and entrance was £30. That's 80 notes gone even before I'd admired a Marina.

But no biggie, given the metal on show.
Start a thread beforehand. We could have a bit of a meet.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start a thread beforehand. We could have a bit of a meet.
ok, sounds like a plan. :) This year was a bit of a spur of the moment attendance. Next year, AO-ers can be ruthlessly coordinated. I want to see plans, strategy and directions to nearest and best value burger provider :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts