Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys a bit of advice.... Im due on Friday to check out a car and if all goes well Ill be bringing it back to Galway. Unfortunately its not an Alfa :(
Anyway here is my slight problem, the car I'm looking at has no NCT and the guy isnt listing when it expired (Its on Adverts.ie) I've emailed the NCT centre to see if they can help so just waiting for a reply. I would use a cartell check if I could but we had fraud on our account so our bank cards have been blocked and I'm still waiting for the new ones (that was the ****ing icing on the ****ing cake!) so I cant go down that route.
If anyone can help me find out when the NCT expired I will PM the number plate as for legal reasons I cant display it on the net. Many thanks and hope Im not sounding like an idiot

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Go to boards.ie and e-mail the member called "Motorcheck" or "Motorcheck.ie" .. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to give you a date.

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Have you asked the seller or are you just trying to confirm what he's told you ?

Good idea btw Rob :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive asked through the PM function on adverts and he says hes not really sure, the guy is a foreigner so I would want to be 200% sure that the car hasnt been out of an NCT for a year or something.
Thats fantastic advice Rob... thanks a mill!!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
******** you need to have 25 posts before you can send a private PM. Ill look like a right troll if I start randomly replying to threads, bit of a stupid system IMO

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
there used to be a post # generater topic on forums like this, where people just post "1" then "2", etc, until they can send PMs. :)

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whichever you would recommend. I've only ever done it once when I got the Alfa almost 4 years ago and at that time I got the full report, from what I remember it gave me the MOT history, recorded mileage, if finance was owing, if there were irregular car tax months etc

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got your PM but its asking me for an email address and a password, do I need to register with motorcheck first before being able to access it? Thanks a lot aswell buddy, owe you one :thumbs:

EDIT: Actually I just noticed Im not able to register :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:) well now you'll be ****ed off cause it still wont let me see it :lol: keeps asking for the password, probably better to copy and paste the whole report

1 - 20 of 39 Posts