Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Seen 'nav next turn pop-ups in cluster' setting in the satnav settings of my Giulietta (6.5inch non live). Doesn't seem to actually do anything, in my head it would give me the next turn in the screen between the speedo and rev dial.

Anyone use this setting or know what it does?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
They use the 6.5" UConnect system on other cars including the Fiat 500X & Jeep Renegade, both of which have a much more sophisticated TFT screen between the speedo & rev counter, so it might be that the setting to show the next turn in cluster is for these cars but not compatible with the more old school instrument cluster in the Giulietta.

I don't know for sure, but that's my guess!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They use the 6.5" UConnect system on other cars including the Fiat 500X & Jeep Renegade, both of which have a much more sophisticated TFT screen between the speedo & rev counter, so it might be that the setting to show the next turn in cluster is for these cars but not compatible with the more old school instrument cluster in the Giulietta.

Yeah thats a good point.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
There goes my illusion that Alfa Romeo is a premium brand........... :depressed:
You've fallen for the marketing department's hype and reliance on brand loyalty.

Now my 2007 Brera has what I would call a premium' interior - no hard plastic where it matters, and old school instruments but in keeping with the car. Same 'toys' as my 2015 GQV, so in reality, little progress in 8 years. (old tech saves development costs).

The G is a good car but deserves only the 3 out of 5 stars it gets in reviews, but it could so easily have been a 5 star one and a true premium brand. (it also needs a stiffer rear anti roll bar to reduce the noticeable inherent understeer)

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts

Works just fine on my Renegade, mind you that's about the only thing that does work. New seat belt buckle, turbo oil return pipe, engine mount, clutch & flywheel, new engine & now needs a new Turbo !!.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
You'd be upset/surprised if Jeeps were coming off
the same assembly lines as the Fiats & Alfas
with zero defects ...

Roof is coming off mine.
:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts