Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have purchased a G3 nav unit off ebay.
I have fitted it and the ICS is asking for a code. I didn't get the code with the unit.
It came with a genuine disc from 2001 and the seller said it had code and disc.
Is there any way to find out the code, I have tried clima + dark but this does not reveal it.
My ICS code won't make it work either. I have tried to contact the seller but he has not responded yet. I don't want to return it as it was a bargain and I have been looking for 12 months for a sat nav, and as many of you know they are like rocking horse ****!
I have searched through the forum but can't find what I need.

Any help would be appreciated,
Paul.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved, the seller has provided the code and it works. Yay!
I rang Sue at Mangoletsi in Knutsford and she said if I took my car to them they would sort out a code for me for approx £45. No code, no fee. The registration number of the donor vehicle may have been helpful, but not necessary. Thought this info may prove useful to others.

Paul.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If anyone ever gets a nav unit with no code, I have an ICS unit that will show the code, the ellusive ICS unit with extended hidden menu.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi seen this, there is a ICS/SAT NAV/CD changer on Ebay at moment, I have asked the seller and it seems it is a G3 unit. And as all I need is the SAT NAV CD drive (to replace my broken one !) he is willing to split the lot and sell me the drive, however he does not have the SAT NAV code only the ICS code.

I can do CLIM+DARK on my ICS and it displays my current codes for ICS and SAT NAV, question is if I buy this and plug it into my ICS will CLIM+DARK reveal the new code for the SAT NAV ?

What is this extended hidden menu you mention Mark, how did you find it ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ok searched this a bit more on here ... and seems CLIM+DARK works on most/all cars however on some it does not show the codes. On mine it does on the first screen, and then all sorts of SW info if I click on version,
20121206_153808.jpg

20121206_153837.jpg

So I assume that if I buy this SAT NAV reader and plug it in I should be able to read the codes ... that means I dont need the code to switch on the ICS in the first place to be able to access CLIM+DARK menu ??

·
Registered
303 Posts
MickT you are correct, and lucky you have an ICS unit that shows codes in service menu, not many do. You'll be fine pluging in the replacement nav unit, and it'll show the code for that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cheers Mark, as for the language I did notice it was in german and also on the sw page it says LH drive ? but I didn't mess about in this screen too much so never bothered to try and set language. The ICS in normal operation is in English anyway :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts