Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Spider for a pre travel check-up as we are doing Europe next month (check previous posts) and dropped the car off at 08.30 yesterday, stood around as the newbie service clerk tried to find the paperwork, then he had the bol**cks to tell me "we don't have an Alfa courtesy car, are you ok with a Vauxhall!!!!!!"
"That's not a fair swap" I said, he didn't see the funny side...........
to top it all the astra (I know??) had no effin fuel in, £20 nicker later I decided on my punishment for the service dept, as I drove back to the Alfa Franchise I swapped all the preset radio channels to radio 4 (nothing against radio 4) and dropped off the cacky motor saying "I think there must be something wrong with the radio as I couldn't get anything but radio 4"
Not too naughty I hope?:cheese:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Thanks to Elephant.co.uk I recently had the pleasure of a 1.2 Corsa SXi for 9 weeks! Hardly a trade for a V6 GT! :mad:

Needless to say, it wasn't quite the same car after being driven by an Alfa driver! :lol:

I'm feeling your pain SpiderMonkey! I hope you thrashed that Vauxhall to within an inch of its sorry life!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh now that's just mean...

Saying that, when my Focus was in for repair last year I got lumbered with a Nissan Micra....*shudder*

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Every time Mrs.GC takes her Micra into the dealership for any work, she always asks for a 350Z courtesy car. No luck yet, but we live in hope :D .

"I think there must be something wrong with the radio as I couldn't get anything but radio 4"
"I think there must be something wrong with this automatic gearbox, it didn't change up from 1st gear all the way along the motorway......"

:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Great idea as I always find on courtesy cars that the radio never has radio 4 preset, you hit 4 and get the local pirate rap station.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You guys think that's bad. Dropped my 159 off to have the brakes sorted out and you never guess what I got for my courtesy car...........a bright yellow Fiat 500.

The lady clerk who handed me the keys even had cheek to say......"At least it's still Italian"

I rev'd the nuts out off and gave it back with 50p worth of fuel still left in it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my mito has to go back next week to sort out the dodgy paintwork. i dread to think what car ill get. i did ask for a brera and he just laughed

·
Registered
157 Posts
[
to top it all the astra (I know??) had no effin fuel in, £20 nicker later

Why would they provide you with fuel as well?

Surely if you had been driving your Alfa it would have used fuel.

I think the key phrase is "courtesy car" .

Quite amused about the radio though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
[
to top it all the astra (I know??) had no effin fuel in, £20 nicker later

Why would they provide you with fuel as well?

Surely if you had been driving your Alfa it would have used fuel.

I think the key phrase is "courtesy car" .

Quite amused about the radio though.
Hardly a courstesy if there's nowt but fumes in the tank.

By rights is should be "Pick it up full, drop it off full", just like a hire car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't really know much about it but my dad was told by someone he knows who works with insurance that he could request (maybe even demand?) for a car similar to his. So he did and while his v6 omega estate was having it's injury cared for he got a d5 volvo estate. Not too bad I don't think.

That's when it's an insurance claim though but I've got a courtesy car story that puts you all to shame. Ready for this? While my mum's 7 seat (family of 6 so actually needed) toyota previa was having some work done they gave her a......toyota starlet! Cue leaving EVERY junction with the tyres in pain and generally giving it what it deserves and then as a special token of our gratitude, returning it running only on fumes. That and then a stupid mistake made by the mechanics which led to petrol fumes being vented into the car is why my mum has said she will never own another toyota.

Drifting off topic there but I like your thinking I'll have to remember that trick.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
A bit of mishief... :D :thumbs:

But anyone who beats up a courtesy car is a knob. :tut:

The garage don't see what you do to the poor beast and they don't care. It'll last the 6 months until they off-load it to some poor punter. If or when they do have to fix it, that'll just prove to them that their service clientelle is a bunch of c**ts... I can just imagine them thinking "Yeah... let's lay on a Brera for them to rape!" More likely they'll try to buy some Tata Nano's instead..

In the end some unsuspecting punter (maybe your mum) will buy it and it'll potentially give them a load of grief ... just because you wanted something as big (WTF??) as the car you brought in and now your fragile little ego is hurting.

Get a grip dudes. If you need a bigger car, tell the garage in advance and don't leave your car with anyone who can't/won't provide one. Otherwise, just accept that any courtesy car is better than walking and treat it with some respect!

Ralf S.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I only changed the radio channels............:confused: but I must admit I'm not perfect:)

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A bit of mishief... :D :thumbs:

But anyone who beats up a courtesy car is a knob. :tut:

The garage don't see what you do to the poor beast and they don't care. It'll last the 6 months until they off-load it to some poor punter. If or when they do have to fix it, that'll just prove to them that their service clientelle is a bunch of c**ts... I can just imagine them thinking "Yeah... let's lay on a Brera for them to rape!" More likely they'll try to buy some Tata Nano's instead..

In the end some unsuspecting punter (maybe your mum) will buy it and it'll potentially give them a load of grief ... just because you wanted something as big (WTF??) as the car you brought in and now your fragile little ego is hurting.

Get a grip dudes. If you need a bigger car, tell the garage in advance and don't leave your car with anyone who can't/won't provide one. Otherwise, just accept that any courtesy car is better than walking and treat it with some respect!

Ralf S.
I only changed the radio channels Ralf S, but I'm not perfect.......:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts