Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I being thick, or should the purpose of the Lottery Show on TV be to actually give us the lottery numbers? Because if that is its primary purpose, then it fails badly.

It seems to be a long programme devoted to so called celebs (I think the term is Z-listers) answering silly questions about the 7 dwarfs and other daft subjects.

I spent £1 (OK it's not a lot) on a lottery ticket and I just want to know if I have won millions and can abandon my job on Monday. But where are the numbers? It seems the actual lottery has been abandoned in favour of chav TV. I don't care that the last dwarf was Bashful. Really I don't. I tried to mentally switch off, confident that the numbers would be shown at the end of the programme. And they were. Numbers for Lotto, Thunderball and Hotpicks all appeared on screen after all the camera crew credits, first boy, 2nd boy, gaffa credits etc etc appeared.

Unfortunately, (and maybe I'm getting old), it takes me longer than 2 seconds to read the numbers from 3 lottery draws. And that is the length of time I was given to read them.

Useless useless useless programme.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I've been doing the Lotto online for Years now, so much easier, once you set up your numbers, they are automatically checked for you, and you know almost immediately if you have won or not, and if you have, the money is normally paid into your nominated account within 5 Days. Not had to watch that crap lotto show since !!!!!........:)

·
Registered
726 Posts
It seems to be a long programme devoted to so called celebs (I think the term is Z-listers) answering silly questions about the 7 dwarfs and other daft subjects.

Let's see:

Rumpy
Pumpy (rumours about the first two)
Stumpy (terrible mining accident)
Dumpy (regular U blocker, where does he keep it?)
Frumpy (but accommodating)
Jumpy (too much crystal meth in his teenage years)
Trumpy (9 mine canaries dead in just 2 months)

Do I win?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The best thing is that the celebs dont actually trigger the machine.

When the "celeb" presses the plunger, in the background you'll see the injudicator leans over and press a button on the machine. Next time its on watch (not even hard to see)

S

·
0 Posts
The Irish lotto results show is better, just pull the results out and on yer way! None of this gameshow nonsense!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts