Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
National GT Meet (South) 08th June 2014​

After a successful first ever National GT meet last year organised by Stuart, the National GT Meet 2014 has been divided into two parts, North vs South. I would like to invite fellow Alfa GT owners to the National GT event 2014 (South).

Please click to the meets and events link below to see the photos from the National GT meet 2013.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meet...-gt-2013-meet-best-of-award-photo-thread.html

For those who want to make the most of the weekend some of us are staying at the Holiday Express Bristol North. The cheapest price for the room is currently £64 (booking.com)including breakfast and free wifi but if there is a number of us staying I could always contact the hotel if they are happy to group discount.

The Plan:

Saturday 7th June 2014 (optional)
If you’re planning to stay overnight at the hotel or if you are local to Bristol, a number of us will meet and dine at The Fox Den which is 50 feet from the hotel. If you’re happy to join us please post your name below so I can have an idea of the numbers so I can book a reservation closer to the date.

Pub: The Fox Den
Address: New Road,Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS34 8TJ
Photo Gallery: Photos
Menu: Download The Fox Den main food menu
Time: 7:30pm

Sunday 8th June 2014
The meeting point will be 10am at The Fox Den car park opposite Holiday Inn Bristol North.

10:30am - Morning Run part 1:
Leave the car park and head towards Chew Valley Lake taking the A and B roads and arrive at Chew Lake Visitors Centre (route TBA). A small fee of £1.85 will be charge for parking but hopefully the view of the lake with a few photo shoots of the GTs will be worth it.
11:30am: Morning Run part 2:
As we leave Chew Valley Lake we take the second part of the morning run towards Cheddar Gorge.A few stop over for photo shoots on route to Cheddar (route TBA).
1pm: Lunch (TBA) but within the area of Cheddar.
3pm Final run to Weston-Super Mare and grab an ice cream at the local gelateria before we finish the day(route TBA).

Please RSVP below and add any comments about this event. Any TBA’s will be updated as soon as possible.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Have said maybe as we would like to do both but if we don't manage that then we've got to choose

D

·
0 Posts
Im in the midlands so i had to choose north or south, never been to the cheddar gorge so that swayed it for me.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hope to make it but the date might clash with daughter's graduation. The road through the gorge is excellent but in summer there will be many walkers on the road so please take care.

If we take some videos it would be good to compile/edit them together, perhaps?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure but if we can get 10 or more GT's that would be a great.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope to make it but the date might clash with daughter's graduation. The road through the gorge is excellent but in summer there will be many walkers on the road so please take care.

If we take some videos it would be good to compile/edit them together, perhaps?
Sound's like a good idea:thumbs:.

D

·
0 Posts
Ill take care of the walkie talkies when we have a confirmed number nothing special but they should be helpful for general communication.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill take care of the walkie talkies when we have a confirmed number nothing special but they should be helpful for general communication.
That's great so that way we can keep a convoy so people don't get lost like last year.

·
Registered
431 Posts
looks like there's quite a few car club meets at Cheddar gorge, pistonheads seem to do a lot there,
this one looks good (youtube) ZSOC Cheddar gorge meet 2011 never been there myself, look forward to it.
got my gopro for Christmas still trying to work it out:confused:, I guess i've got plenty of time to practice.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like there's quite a few car club meets at Cheddar gorge, pistonheads seem to do a lot there,
this one looks good (youtube) ZSOC Cheddar gorge meet 2011 never been there myself, look forward to it.
got my gopro for Christmas still trying to work it out:confused:, I guess i've got plenty of time to practice.
Very nice :cool:. It would be great if we can do some video footage this year. I did try last year but my SD card was playing up.

D

·
0 Posts
I have asked my flatmate with benefits as she does video editing she said not a problem but she might be on her hols.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Calling CSR Dog,Tom and tomthomatom. Have you guys book the hotel yet as I have just check booking.com and those rate is sold.

·
Registered
431 Posts
no not yet, have you booked up?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope. I was surprise the booking.com has sold out so I was concerned that they might not be any rooms available. I will call the hotel directly tomorrow to find out the amount rooms left.

D

·
0 Posts
Calling CSR Dog,Tom and tomthomatom. Have you guys book the hotel yet as I have just check booking.com and those rate is sold.

At the moment i will be doing the early drive down on the 8th.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That's great so that way we can keep a convoy so people don't get lost like last year.
I use an App called Glympse that allows you to share your location with a group of people. That might help but I think it only displays one person's location so much depends on them not getting lost themselves! :p

D

·
0 Posts
Walkie talkies will be sorted tomorrow, cheap but they will do there job.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts