Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
I'm sure if we talk about doom and gloom for long enough... we'll diffenitely get there.... :mad:

Keep smiling that my moto... :lol:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
According to the beeb

This really gets on my ****. Dumbing down is the least of it - this really is a case of "you get what you wish for":mad:

(Great first thread in months for me, eh?;) )
And here's me thinking you caused it.

This really gets on my ****.

"you get what you wish for"

(Great first thread in months for me, eh?;) )

So thats where you were....What size did you wish for..jordans ?:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
pomeo

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
I'm sure if we talk about doom and gloom for long enough... we'll diffenitely get there.... :mad:

Keep smiling that my moto... :lol:
What He said.... I'm sure the blummin' media are bent on talking us into recession :mad: :rant:

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Good news doesn't sell etc ............ only glum news....

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Welcome back Fraser, where have you been hiding? :)

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Another tale to tell. Later;)
So it was a clinic then:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

or is it like mason166 in the 166 room?He's form Taiwan BUt shhhh it's a secret.

Pomeo

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
If the Governmant are admitting things are bad then they must be bad.

They generally massage figures to make them look better.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Great welcome back thread F!! :lol::lol::lol::thumbs:

A self fulfilling prophecy with the economy. :rolleyes: Load of tosh IMO. That goodness we're busy right through until Oct 2009 :D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Was on Oxford Street last saturday unfortunately , absolutely rammed plenty of people had bags .I know times are tough for people but highlighting this will mean any recession will be deeeper and longer.I realise the media's role is to report ,when does reporting the news drift into creating it?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
petrol prices are dropping, interest rates are coming down, people are cutting down on the booze/fags/takeaways, people are watching how much electricity and gas they're using at home, people are eating more healthy food like fresh fruit & veg from the market.

recession? bring it on!!!

D

·
0 Posts
petrol prices are dropping, interest rates are coming down, people are cutting down on the booze/fags/takeaways, people are watching how much electricity and gas they're using at home, people are eating more healthy food like fresh fruit & veg from the market.

recession? bring it on!!!
Exactly!

With the interest rates dropping we can afford to over pay even more on the mortgage and my biggest monthly expense, diesel is coming down by the day. And we're all worried at work about how we're going to staff the £10m and the £8m jobs that have landed on us in the last week, we simply haven't got enough people to keep up with that sort of workload.

Good old media whipping up a storm. The country has seen the longest period of sustained grown in its history, the economy has doubled and now the BBC are worrying us to death over dropping 1%? All those businesses they interviewed in the BBC morning program say they have grown year on year for the last 20 years, now they're worried about the recession. Make hay while the sun shines, save for a rainy day, if they think the world is going to be rosey for ever and don't have contingency plans in place for recession periods then more fool them, splashing the cash on expansion and not putting anything aside is foolish tactics and those who haven't are starting to pay the price

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to say (for fear of contradicting myself) the recession is real. We've cut our working week to four days because much of our work just stopped. Overnight.

When you have a much reduced workload and cash flow as a result it's hard just to continue as usual.

@Dibbie - we are a small consultancy and are, therefore, not exactly asset rich. Your analysis simply does not apply to high turnover/low-profit margin organisations and there are many of them about.

I stills tick to my original post though. There's definately a strong element of having talked ourselves into this and the BBC's coverage really hacks me off.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have to say (for fear of contradicting myself) the recession is real. We've cut our working week to four days because much of our work just stopped. Overnight.

When you have a much reduced workload and cash flow as a result it's hard just to continue as usual.

@Dibbie - we are a small consultancy and are, therefore, not exactly asset rich. Your analysis simply does not apply to high turnover/low-profit margin organisations and there are many of them about.

I stills tick to my original post though. There's definately a strong element of having talked ourselves into this and the BBC's coverage really hacks me off.
Totally agree Fraser, that Peston guy has been positively salivating at the bad news, it must be some kind of turn on for him. There is a real crisis though, because there are fewer "real" jobs on offer, as firms try to trim workforces. There are other companies who cannot afford to take new staff on to cope with extra pressure. If the interest rates do go down - someone on the box mentioned as low as 2 - 3% over the next two years, then it will be the likes of myself, who being prudent took out a fixed mortgage (ends 2014) at 5% who will be subsidising the next boom and bust cycle. Very low mortgage rates, coupled with a need to lend at all costs, will just get us back in the messy stuff again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts