Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of the National Alfa Day event this Sunday at Bicester Heritage Museum.
Is nobody going?
I have tickets so will hopefully be able to make it. I thought this forum would be there in force.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, one for me and one for my son.

·
Registered
37,671 Posts
Half the forum are ex Alfa owners. If you look up NAD and it says ‘it is not open to the general public who are not in an Alfa’ are you gonna make the effort to drive there? If you are considering buying any sort of Alfa and want to pop along and see one in the metal would you consider going there? I’m not buying an advanced ticket because I’m not sure if the spider is going to be fixed in time.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you've got an ounce of love for Alfa it's a brilliant day out and apart from hundreds of Alfas there is also some sort of museum which you are given access to which the public generally aren't.

It's a working airfield hence no pets (pet exclusion is unusual for this event).

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,881 Posts
It’s half an hour away from my folks’ place. Which is where I was today. But won’t be tomorrow - arrrgh! And if it’s not open to non-Alfa drivers, that rules out a lot of Alfa fans. Strange.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
It’s half an hour away from my folks’ place. Which is where I was today. But won’t be tomorrow - arrrgh! And if it’s not open to non-Alfa drivers, that rules out a lot of Alfa fans. Strange.
As I said

It is open to the public. For some reason the venue does not allow it to be advertised as a public event but it is.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,881 Posts
I’m still not going ?

Maybe next year now I know it’s so close ?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Scudetto

NAD isn't tomorrow, it's next Sunday and next year it won't be at this venue, it will be in another part of the country.

Your MB will be welcome, just don't park it in the middle of the Alfas.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Weather looks OK for the weekend.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/whaton/hagertysrenaissance-2/

"Please note this is NOT a public event – this is for Alfa Romeo Owners Club members or guests with Alfa Romeo vehicles only. No pedestrian access".

Perhaps if Alfa had a proper range of cars more of us would be in Alfa's. I was gonna go as it's only half an hour from me, but if this is the attitude of AROC, balls to them. Disgusting attitude to have.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Have sent a message to AROC to express my disatisfaction at their position. They should at least allow drivers of other Italian brands into the event. It's not like people would want to dump their non-Alfa's in the middle of the displays. Unbelievable. Anyway I'll see what they come back with.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts