Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
We are going unless the weather is forecast for endless rain, which at the moment it isn't so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
already booked have tickets and looking forward to seeing some great cars

·
Registered
4 Posts
already booked have tickets and looking forward to seeing some great cars
I'll be going with my newly purchased GTV 24 valve,look forward to meeting up with like minded owners.Has anyone done the national before,is parking random,or do they have themed parking ?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be going with my newly purchased GTV 24 valve,look forward to meeting up with like minded owners.Has anyone done the national before,is parking random,or do they have themed parking ?

You'll hear me coming before you see me with this Wizard exhaust !

·
Registered
27 Posts
You'll hear me coming before you see me with this Wizard exhaust !
Yep I'll be there in the GTV. Also with a Wizard exhaust! It would be quite interesting to hear yours to see if it sounds different to mine (if it is just a wizard cat back), I'm convinced my downpipes are rubbish and need changing. I think it's parking by model which will be great to see.

Also getting my girlfriend to bring the 147 down, so should be a great day.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep I'll be there in the GTV. Also with a Wizard exhaust! It would be quite interesting to hear yours to see if it sounds different to mine (if it is just a wizard cat back), I'm convinced my downpipes are rubbish and need changing. I think it's parking by model which will be great to see.

Also getting my girlfriend to bring the 147 down, so should be a great day.

It would be good to do a side by side comparison. So I'll keep an ear out for you ;)

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Yes, it is themed parking, unless your section is full. Then there are overflow parking areas. Gates open at 10.30am.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the opportunity to get Bella nice and shiny ready for Sunday.

Hopefully there will be a few more GTVs there and the weather will hold out.

Now where did I put that Greenflag breakdown number...!

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,526 Posts
Hopefully. Probably accompanied by a for sale notice

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did plan on it but the weather in Cornwall today is ****, couple that with a 700 mile round trip & a couple hundred quid's worth of fuel & I'll be staying home this time.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm weather forecast for tomorrow is looking unfavourable :(

Don't fancy a long drive in the rain especially with the delicate wiper system !

I'll make the call in the morning but if it's raining I'll sadly have to give it a miss

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Gutted was planning on going as in all the years with my alfas I have never been to a meet/event, and today I have been called into work!!! FFs!!

But I have been cheered up!!! On the way to work joining the m1 a rosso red car flash by....... That looks like a alfa?!? Hard to tell as it was going some.

So I boot it and catch up to a...............sz!!!!!

Woohoo what a sweet alfa! I have seen them in pics but in the flesh a real supercars!!

A good twenty min run and on the way up m1 passed a gorgeous purple blue 156 gta, I spent the rest of the run checking this car out overtaking and vice versa follow by a thumbs up and a wave as I left at Mansfield :)

Made my day! What a car!

Have a great day today guys and don't let the weather put you off.

J

·
0 Posts
National Alfa Day was great. Loads of 916s there and some really great cars on show. :thumbup: to all who went and made it a fantastic event.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts