Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this in South Scotland cos if its owt like me Ducati forums "north west" region ends at Lancaster plus all the decent roads are north anyway so we never go that way :)

We're planning on going down to the National Alfa Day at Ripon, didn't know if anyone else from north/west cumbria/D and G wanted to meet at say J40 or Alston area ( or any other suggestion welcome) and head down together?

I could mention it to County Motors thinking they might open early, get the coffee mchnine on and we could set off from there but don't know how involved in AO do's they get?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I'll be there, but be heading down the A1 or A68. :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm certainly considering heading down either on the Saturday or perhaps even early on the Sunday morning. I to was wondering if there was going to be anybody heading down from Glasgow/Hamilton area.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be travelling down on the Saturday and camping :thumbs:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Try the Old Hall Inn, just outside Grasssington. Great food and beers. Thinking of nipping down myself.

Will it be ok to bring the dog?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
this is sounding increasingly tempting. not as far away as i thot and camping sounds fun! so thats a maybe for 2 v6 gtvs! :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah yes......is there a way to book without being a Camping Club groupie?
You don't have to be a member - just call them ;)

Hello

What's the scoop on the camping front :)

We will be driving up from Dover on the Saturday evening, will have tent in the boot, do we have to book in advance for a pitch ?

R
If it's just a tent I would have thought you would have been OK Rodger. Might be an idea to call and check though.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Posting this in South Scotland cos if its owt like me Ducati forums "north west" region ends at Lancaster plus all the decent roads are north anyway so we never go that way :)

We're planning on going down to the National Alfa Day at Ripon, didn't know if anyone else from north/west cumbria/D and G wanted to meet at say J40 or Alston area ( or any other suggestion welcome) and head down together?

I could mention it to County Motors thinking they might open early, get the coffee mchnine on and we could set off from there but don't know how involved in AO do's they get?
Gizmo the NW Region of AO Extends all the way to South Scotland we've done a couple of days in Cumbria :D

I Know cos I used to be the NW Rep :thumbs:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'll be heading down but I dunno which car / cars to take yet... I'll get the bookings done for them/it first I suppose then see if I can hook up with some of you guys on the way down and back.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went to County Motors yesterday and mentioned the possibility of using it as a muster point and Tom was interested :thumbs: They open at half 8 - don't know if that's soon enough for you...doubt it.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I went to County Motors yesterday and mentioned the possibility of using it as a muster point and Tom was interested :thumbs: They open at half 8 - don't know if that's soon enough for you...doubt it.
Shame County Motors will no longer be an Alfa dealer come September, its going to be a hassle.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts