Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
G

·
really hope to be there, started off being 100% taking the sud....
now its do i take the sud, or the 156SW or even not go at all :confused:

would really like to be there though, never seen a hill climb event, always wanted to

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hi Iain - I've got my Sunday ticket so I should see you there. I'll be parked with the Goodwood section of AROC, wherever that is. Weather's not looking too promising atm, but I've never been to Shelsley before, so I'm still looking forward to it...

Lauren

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm planning to go on Sunday.

I intend to go in the Sud but may take the Spider.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I seem to be foiled at every turn. I go on hol this Friday and Shelsley is only 30 mins from me. Been there a couple of times. My favourite spot is after the kink but before the S bend.
Have a great time guys

rsfruitbat

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
we'r making a long weekend of it and staying at the kyre equestrian centre nearby! lets just hope we get some decent weather for what could be a great weekends racing :)

G

·
anyone else who hasn't gone already contemplating not going tomorrow :confused:

weather has been awful here today, bbc weather says likewise at shelsley for today so will it be the mudbath of a few years back :( tomorrow supposed to be "sunny intervals", does that mean the sun will shine between the downpours :lol:

tbh i've got so much more i could be getting on with, and not using a tankfull of petrol & getting soaked/muddied is starting to appeal :tut:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm not going to shelsley as the 6C is being refurbished. I've been sorting out my Sprite to go to Santa Pod tomorrow for a Healey/MG challenge!!
So I've put on my 4 Weber downdraught (ex Alfasud TI) carbs and made a new bonnet with a bigger "Power Bulge" :cheese::lol::cheese:

Attachments

G

·
I'm with Kev... Them are BIG trumpets :eek:
:lol: so big he's had to cut a hole in the bonnet :D

he's as bad as chris though, look in the background. an electric car. how many pies has this man got his fingers in :lol:

seeing as i called off getting up at 5am to go to NAD the weather is bright & sunny :tut: never mind. been to enough meets lately to be able to miss the odd one ;)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
+1 to that...had a fab day:)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Great weekend one of my better ideas booking a hotel got very wet got very drunk got very sunburnt:) ciao daz

G

·
wish i could have been there really, but so many factors against making it :(

plenty of track action? bet it was a cracking weekend :cool:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Have to agree - I spent all day yesterday in the rain rewiring my rear lights (bonus - reversing lights now work), left home this morning in the rain, sun came out once I cleared Newbury and it was lovely all day until I hit Newbury again this evening! It doesn't seem to have stopped raining all day down South - shame about Shoreham and Bournmouth air displays...

Shelsley is just such a great venue; non-stop track action, hot hatches vs. F5000, CanAm McLaren, Pilbeams and Mallocks etc.

Plus a road registered Tipo 33/2.5 "Daytona", which sounded utterly epic going up the hill...

Bryan Alexander got a class win in the Concours with his newly fettled Trofeo Sprint, and Graham Boulter ran away with the fastest Alfa award in his amazing boxer engined Kudos.

Lauren

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
A great weekend, fantastic to be able to walk round the paddock and get up close to all the cars and chat to many owners. The 228bhp boxer kudos was amazing and those old school single seater V8's rocked :) chatted to the guy who had the 180hp sud and said it was only 1 sec slower up the hill than a 300hp 206.

Got up close and personal to Dave's amazingly mint/original guilietta autodelta which is freshley imported from italy and is the only one in the country!!

A good turn out from the alfa collective, met a few new faces and a great venue to boot...

Lots of photos to follow :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts