Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My blood is boiling! I picked my other half up from the pub last night, and parked the buggy up at 11:30pm. Got in, had a few beers and went to bed, as you do on a saturday night :)
Got up today, and went to leave for work, when :wow:
Some muppet, with an IQ of a bloody tadpole, has smashed my window, this is a definite no no :tut:
I tried to remain :cool: and calm, but all I wanted to do was :cry:
What really bugs me, is that they never stole anything, stereo, and £200 pool cue were still in the car! What was the point? :confused:
Thats my story, rant over :rant:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Scum! Sorry to hear your bad news matey but atleast thet didnt steal anything. As you said totally pointless! The mind boggles why someone would take pleasure in a mindless act of vandalism :mad: :rant:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
that sux. hope it's fixed quickly and without hassle.

:)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Look on the bright side, at least a window is easier to fix than a dent or a keying.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
what window was it mate, might know someone with one close to hand ;) :D

sorry abut this though, utter pants :( had my door bent before so they could have a look inside and steal my sunglasses :rolleyes:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drivers door window! bought a window from a 146 after extensive measuring, then went to fit it and had a gap of 2/3 mm when window in the full up position!! gutted! had to fone autoglass today, £50 notes for a perspex temp replacement, gonna be £287 for a window, unless my insurance pays! only 3rd party fire and theft, so doubtful. but the bloke said not to call insurance til he speaks to me tomorrow, he'll tell me what to say to get insurance to pay! My policy says theft, attempted theft, blah blah. not covered for mindless assholes who smash windows on a fri night :(

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
drivers door window! bought a window from a 146 after extensive measuring, then went to fit it and had a gap of 2/3 mm when window in the full up position!! gutted! had to fone autoglass today, £50 notes for a perspex temp replacement, gonna be £287 for a window, unless my insurance pays! only 3rd party fire and theft, so doubtful. but the bloke said not to call insurance til he speaks to me tomorrow, he'll tell me what to say to get insurance to pay! My policy says theft, attempted theft, blah blah. not covered for mindless assholes who smash windows on a fri night :(
Take the radio out, and tell them it was nicked !!
Also have you tried breakers, if you can find one, I payed 40 for my passenger front a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Sometimes it seems worse if they didn't try to steal anything. Just makes it all the more pointless. Hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
where are you in Scotland?? :confused: I bet I could find you one for the price of a beer :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
explosive alfa, I'm in livingston. I do believe I now need to proceed with the autoglass job though, they were ordering a window on sunday. Haven't got back in touch yet though. I did have a breakers in England offer to post one, at a cost of £25 for window, £10 for postage, but would it arrive in one piece?? As for stereo comment, it was reported to police, unless i phone back up and say that the old stereo lying in the passenger footwell was taken! LOL

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dunno how that would work out Explosive alfa, do i just phone autoglass and tell them i got a window, and accept i paid £50 for a perspex one??

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
That seems bloody expensive for a replacement window!

I wonder if the ***** that did it even considered the cost. How would he feel if someone stole £280 from his wallet. That's effectively what he's done.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts