Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 159 today - great sevice (so far) from the garage and the car seems in really good condition..

Already seen my first 'mod' though - the ugly single exhaust tip

Has anyone fitted a chrome tip ? If so where did you get it from and do you have some pics !!!

thanks

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Yes I bought one and fitted it circa. £75 - partsworld or alfa accessories. Look in my gallery.

p.s. I might have a used one for sale soon ;) PM me next Sunday :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ta - is there no cheaper option ?! Does it just clamp onto the end ?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Its just a clamp on the end, you'll need an allen key to fit it. Comes with screw(s).

Definitely improves the look. And if I'm honest, worth every penny.

Bought mine through my local dealer, about 80 quid.

Google 'partsworld' and you'll find it on there too.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
ta - is there no cheaper option ?! Does it just clamp onto the end ?
The official tip has a cut out at the top to fit the down section of the exhaust exit. You will struggle to find a cheaper non-AR tip to fit. 2nd hand, (try fleabay:confused:) is probably your best bet if you don't want to shell out brand new prices.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
There is cheaper - if you dont want it to look right.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah - just had a proper look - the pipe form the back box is very short and with a bend in it

my car is a 1.9 jtdm - does the genuine one definitely fit ?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I went through this, tried in vain to find one that fitted. The only one that worked was the official one I'm afraid. Due to the bend in the exhaust pipe as it leaves the back box.

I just couldn't part with £75 for a bit of chrome.

But I've seen sargent's car and it does make a big difference!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
seen it, purchased it and fitted it

yes its expensive but it looks loads better !!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very tempting... Just spent £70 on an iPod adapter (saved £108 by fitting it myself) so can't splash out just yet, but definitely adding this to my to-do list, alongside getting the horse shoe alloys..

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
If anyone wants one, my mate is removing his when he trades it in on Friday - half price and will polish it up, youre unlikely to know its used once fitted.

PM me

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
So if youve already got a Ti then you would have to hacksaw off the current one. Would there be enough metal left to attach this one?

rsfruitbat

1 - 20 of 46 Posts