Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question - anyone got a spare, reasonable nick n/s wheelarch liner up for grabs, complete with standard little floorpan-level front mudflap/airflow vane?

Am not sure if the original liner is in 2 halves (looking at it from in front of the wheel): front half leading down to bumper area with back half leading down to A-pillar base??
If it is, then the half in question is the front half.

The problem I'm looking to rectify is that the liner I've inherited is worn away completely down the middle line of the front half, from the tyre rubbing down it on full inwards lock. That in turn because the previous guy hadn't noticed that the fixing screw on the bottom left-hand corner of the liner had come off and the liner was flapping about when moving. (Not noticeable when standing).:cheeky:

Thanks for any help, guys.

Graeme

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting Harry, and that certainly clears up whether they come in halves or not too!

Assuming the 159 is identical to the Brera at this level, is this one you have in fact from the o/s (driver side)?

I'm after the n/s (passenger side) but nevertheless something may be workable here.
I'll check the damage on mine, following your answer on here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quick question - anyone got a spare, reasonable nick n/s wheelarch liner up for grabs, complete with standard little floorpan-level front mudflap/airflow vane?

Am not sure if the original liner is in 2 halves (looking at it from in front of the wheel): front half leading down to bumper area with back half leading down to A-pillar base??
If it is, then the half in question is the front half.

The problem I'm looking to rectify is that the liner I've inherited is worn away completely down the middle line of the front half, from the tyre rubbing down it on full inwards lock. That in turn because the previous guy hadn't noticed that the fixing screw on the bottom left-hand corner of the liner had come off and the liner was flapping about when moving. (Not noticeable when standing).:cheeky:

Thanks for any help, guys.

Graeme
Happened to me as weel, tyre on liner.
Duct tape sorted it. Many years ago now. Cheaper!

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,072 Posts
I just repaired mine....used the plastic from the bottom of an old black plastic washing up bowl...perfect colour match....well its black! Held it in place with a few self tappers while the black Siloflex was drying. Refitted it before it was dry so it would set at the right curvature! The hole was about 10 by 6 inches so anything would be an improvement....but to be honest where my car is low you could not really see it unless you were looking for it or I parked the car on full left lock anyway. But I knew it was there and a stone had already cracked the L joint on the screen washer bottle which was leaking (I removed it as it was not needed....just put the pipe directly on the bottle) so it needed to be done before more damage occurred.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm getting another 159 to strip tomorrow and that might have a good liner on it , if it does then ill post a pic
Cheers, Harry, will wait to hear from you on here if you'd be so kind to say 'yay' or nay'.

Happened to me as weel, tyre on liner. Duct tape sorted it.
Would have done that, Andy, but this literally has a gash about 3in wide running down to the front leading edge, and half of the wind vane/air deflector gone too, so needs something more substantial.

I just repaired mine
Yes, have that in mind, Alfaitalia. That's always the fallback if can't get a scrapped one on here to install or cannibalise as all the breakers I've tried have come up with ... diddly squat.
Got an old black plastic water butt / bin which would be fine to slice up :smash::smash:!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, am still hunting around for a nearside front wheel arch liner (= lefthand side on a UK-spec, righthand drive car).

It still may result in cutting up the water butt I mentioned above but there may be a more straightforward route.

Harry147, did you have any joy or not for this item on the (breaking?) Brera you were expecting to pick up?

Otherwise, anyone know if the 159 wheel arch liner would be identical / fit ok?
A lot of parts are. I have the Brera 2008 Prodrive (if that made any difference to the wheelarch liners).

Anyone tried this place for parts :
https://www.autopartspro.co.uk/alfa-romeo-carparts/159-939/18927/10265/wheel-arch-cover
Price seems ok.
At worst, if they do deliver the 159 part and it isn't right / doesn't fit or it's marginally diffferent, I could cannibalise it and repair my existing one from it.
At best, it fits fine and it's £15 or so.

But firstly am interested in whether anyone knows or has bought from AutoPartsPro here in UK??

Thanks in advance for any info, chaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts