Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned the car a few months , when I bought it the owner showed me that the car made a click noise when pulling away . It clicks more often now when pulling away and also clunks all the time on bad roads , there is some vibration through the steering wheel when cruising , I was thinking maybe it's a cv joint but would this clunk all the time . When doing full lock it's fine no clicks or clunks ?. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be ? Thanks

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I pretty sure this will get rid of the click as the pads do move slightly. Caliper Shims
Not 100% sure that is the right kit for the brembos you have but the pads were for an Evo so im guessing so.
One think I though of for the clunk was the ARB drop links may be tapping something. That seems to be the only thing with very little space between parts if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pretty sure this will get rid of the click as the pads do move slightly. Caliper Shims
Not 100% sure that is the right kit for the brembos you have but the pads were for an Evo so im guessing so.
One think I though of for the clunk was the ARB drop links may be tapping something. That seems to be the only thing with very little space between parts if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE

Hi thanks for the link , I don't mind the click , was wondering if the click and clunk were the same issue , I was thinking drop links or lower arm but don't really know how it feels when these parts are fooked.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Pads can knock and I always thought that was the issue as a few friends said that was the issue. Only other thing I can think of that is around that area is the Drivehaft/Hub may need to be re-torqued?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pads can knock and I always thought that was the issue as a few friends said that was the issue. Only other thing I can think of that is around that area is the Drivehaft/Hub may need to be re-torqued?
Yeah maybe driveshaft , I will hopefully be able to have a look it tomorrow if the weather is ok , I don't want to sound stupid but is there a cd changer in the car ?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Yeah maybe driveshaft , I will hopefully be able to have a look it tomorrow if the weather is ok , I don't want to sound stupid but is there a cd changer in the car ?
Not that I know of. I think it only has FM and the ipod connection from memory but you can add an aux to it from memory if that's any benefit to you.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not that I know of. I think it only has FM and the ipod connection from memory but you can add an aux to it from memory if that's any benefit to you.
OK cheers I will have to get an adapter for my iPhone . Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
My new purchase does that too, it had the offside driveshaft rebuilt with a new cv joint and spider recently so since it's had one side done I figure the other side's probably on the way out too. Either that or it's the wishbones.

BTW the 156 GTA SW has a cd changer in the boot, under a flip-open panel on the nearside so if your 147 has one presumably it'll be in the same place:
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag207/mje2k/Alfa/PA230040_zps6zek8xqf.jpg

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Could be rear lower engine mount too, I had one in recently that would knock awfully on a hard start, which was the driveshaft clipping the lower arm-to-body bracket when the engine twisted. The engine was twisting so much because the rear lower engine mount was knackered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts