Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched yesterday's (26 Jan) episode of "Survivors"... the BBC's post-apocalyptic drama where 95% of the population has died due to an outbreak of a mysterious virus...

We're in series 2 now.. and the drama's heroine, Abby, has been taken prisoner by the dastardly pharmaceuticals firm what created the virus in the first place (no-brainer.. but we'll see :D) and is now trying to find a vaccine by re-infecting Abby and then using her as a live vaccine factory... mwuhahaaaaa!

Anyways.. she escaped and legged it into the deserted suburbia.. maybe now months after the original outbreak because it's set in the summer while Series 1 was definitely Spring.

The streets are full of overgrown bushes (same as Abby probably :D) dead people, rubbish, old leaves and abandoned cars.. out of petrol and broken down..

Abby staggers into someone's house and finds the keys to a couple of motors.. The first one was an Audi A4 (I think) or Japanesey looking estate car.. she presses the plipper and... nothing! Keys go into the bushes and out comes the second set of keys. The lead motor is an Alfa MiTo! :D

The plipper plips.. the car unlocks and Abby jumps in... turns the key in the ignition and.. it starts first time! Hoooray! :D

Suitably Alfa'd, Abby drives back to where her friends are.... she obviously enjoys the drive because despite being just 3 miles from where they are, she has to have taken the long route home.. as she runs out of petrol (dozy mare!)

But of all the cars on the entire planet.. just one was working - "her" Alfa Romeo MiTo! :D

So, tell your mates... in an apocalypse situation... get rid of that Toyota and Audi rubbish.. get into some stylish, reliable and life-saving wheels instead! :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
:lol::cheese::lol:

Good one Ralf! :thumbs:

Have made a mental note for when the 4 horsemen coming riding in ;)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Shame she ran out of Petrol later on though !!!!!.......:rolleyes:

Those MiTo's must be VERY thirsty !!!!........:lol:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I wonder what MPG she got?...............

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Haha, atleast her alternator belt stayed in one peice.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
during the time between finding the car and running out of petrol, she also has time to give the mito a thorough clean which makes it look like it just came out the showroom in the 2nd appearance..

·
Registered
336 Posts
good job survivors wasnt set in winter. 1 she would have had to defrost the windows. 2. She would have had to scrape the inside of her windscreen. 3. The alternator belt would have frozen. 4. she would have been attacked by acrid smoke in the cabin. 5. The brakes would have been locked and she wouldnt be able to move. 6 . when eventually freed the alt belt would have snapped:lol:

These TV series are not realisitic at all are they:cheese:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
good job survivors wasnt set in winter. 1 she would have had to defrost the windows. 2. She would have had to scrape the inside of her windscreen. 3. The alternator belt would have frozen. 4. she would have been attacked by acrid smoke in the cabin. 5. The brakes would have been locked and she wouldnt be able to move. 6 . when eventually freed the alt belt would have snapped:lol:

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Nope not atall, i think we should write in and complain lol

·
Registered
28,482 Posts

.......:lol::lol::lol:........

Very Clever indeed.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
during the time between finding the car and running out of petrol, she also has time to give the mito a thorough clean which makes it look like it just came out the showroom in the 2nd appearance..
Aye! Good spot.. :D

It was all grimey and algae covered to start with.. but when she parked it up in front of the glass exec' building.. it was immaculate. :D

Good product placement though.. :thumbs:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was reading a magazine with that muted on TV and I happened to look up at the point of her in the MiTo. That settled it, I started watching from then on! :)Alfas are making a number of appearances in BBC programs. There was the 159 in Hustle, think that there has been a Brera on Eastenders ( I've heard - I don't watch that trash ) and now the MiTo. Maybe there are some Alfisti tv producers at the beeb deliberately choose an Alfa to appear.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
If only everything in life was as reliable as an Alfa ! :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
There was a GTV on Eastenders that ran someone over :lol:, don't watch it but its on the trailers they are running at the moment.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I nearly spat my coffee out when that Mito unlocked and then started first time. Mind you as it's set in a post-apocalypse world in which there is random mood lighting even in the pitch black night, perfectly clean streets bizarrely empty of abandoned vehicles (except when one is needed for the plot, naturally), perfectly trimmed lawns and where a trolley jack is something of such rarity that you have to swap a shag for one... well I guess they're not aiming for realism. :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mito on tv

Only just seen this post, yes I saw the Mito on Survivors..great it was. But, I have also seen it on...... Emmerdale (not so good). The villan has it in Emmerdale...etna black (as is mine):(:cry:

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Just like to mention that I have a trolley jack if anyone's interested:)
I have three and two bottle-jacks. Unfortunately after using any of them they won't work until 12 hours have gone past and a bowl of cornflakes has been ingested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts