Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was prepping my car for winter the other day, which involves siliconing the window runners. When I put the window up and down there was a clunk and something fell into the door. Window still appears fine.

Tonight I got the door card off (5 minutes) and fished out this object, or part of an object.

What is it and should I care?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I cannot identify it definitely but it could be part of the plastic guide which runs up and down the steel channel section on the window regulator. I guess its less than 20mm or 3/4" in size?

I think if it all still works there is probably enough guide area left to work OK.

edit picture added with part circled.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aha, thanks. In part terms, is that going to be part of the regulator or separately available? If the former, I won't do anything about it for now until it actually goes wrong. Trying to fit anything in situ doesn't look like fun anyway.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Part of the wondow regulator. I don't forsee you being able to buy one separately and in any case assembling it would not I think be easy if the cable needs repositioning. You would need to get the whole regulator out anyway.

If it still works OK it could last a long time without bothering about it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts