Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just a small thing, thats been bugging me for a couple of days. I've been looking at the replacement side repeater lamps in the on-line shop for my 1996 V6, and the shape of them doesn't resemble the ones it's currently fitted with. Have also scoured the parts disc and that's the same. With this in mind, I had a drive around to look at a couple of other wide body 155's in my locality that I know about, and guess what no match!
If my mate would return my digi camera I could post up a pic, but I'll just have to try and describe them: they're small round and domed shaped about 1.5 to 2cm in diameter with orange lenses. They look very "retro" style. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Has anyone else ever come across these before, and are they replaceable with the ones available in the on-line shop.

Thanks,
Mark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
managed to crop this picture from one of my album photos, sorry! its the best I can do without mi didi camera:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NO! eek! I'm off to remove them now! holes would be more favourable!
When I said "Retro",I Meant a little bit more retro than 1989!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mark

Wher have the piccies gone?? It sounds like you have the same ones as my V6, they are the 1995 model "nipples". I hate them!! I've bought some twnspark oval repeaters in red from the AO shop and intend to fit them soon. Trouble is, the twinspark wings have an indent to match the oval shape!I reckon if you cut a piece of rubber to match it will raise the new repeater abouve the current round indent and be ok, will let you know!! BTW, this will involve cutting an oval shape into the wing eek! not for the faint hearted!! The wiring connector is different but looks the same further into the wing, again I'll let you know wink

wrinx

·
Banned
477 Posts
How about trying the repeaters off a new Punto- I seem to remember that they are very nipple like & clear. They may be bigger than yours though and don't know what the fitments are like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another problem I forgot about, the earlier "nipples" are in a different place to the later twinsparks. The curved shape of the wing may make it difficult to fit aftermarket ones.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
.......but they are great fun when the missus/girlfriend isn't around wink

Speak to AO, maybe he can suggest a suitable replacement.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies Guys,
Might try Alfastu's idea.
Does anyone know why only the V6 had this type of side repeater?
There must a logical explanation. 

Cheers/Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mark

Sorry, my reply was a bit misleading, they were fitted to the middle aged cars. The early ones had slim rectangular, ours have the nipples and later cars have the ovals (the nicest IMHO).

wrinx

·
Registered
17 Posts
They weren't just fitted to the V6. My 1995 2.0 TS 16V widebody has them to!

Must just be late 95/early 96 cars.

I actually prefer them to the later items & they're obvoiusly rarer!!

Paul

·
Registered
715 Posts
I noticed at MITCAR that some of the Ferraris have similar nipples on the wings if that makes them more credible!!

The ones off the new Fiats are like nipples on a winters day and seem to petrude a bit too much for a 155 me thinks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi

The FIAT 127 has the same nipple like ones. good thing they change that in the new versions....

Niels

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I replaced the standard orange ovals on my '97 2L 16V with clear ovals another problem bacame apparent (in the middle of Asda's car park...). Sometimes the cabling from the loom isn't long enough to allow the connector to come out from the wing enough to allow conecting the new indicator (Imagine lots of shouting & swearing in that Asda car park, in the dark). One was just long enough, the other was too short & was 'a right b*stard!'. Pliers & pulling the loom a little harder than i perhaps should helped just enough in the end. If you encounter this problem, you're probably better removing the inner wing plastic couling (just clips I think?).
Good luck with replacements.
- Honkytonk.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Guys,
After watching Apocalypse Clarkson on UK Horizons tonight, and seeing these very same "nipples" on a Ferrari 550 (as Henry mentioned), I've decided that they're cool....if they're good enough for a Ferrari the they're good enough for my 155. :cool:
Sure they might have put them on Fiat 127's, but that's in the past. They're on Ferrari 550's and 155's now.

That 'll do for me. :D

Mark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Guys,
Things are looking up for us 155 owners with cars with "Ferrari nipples" :D . Alfaowner has managed to get some clear lens replacements, after I sent a pm via the on line shop, so if you're interested send Ian a PM.
BTW they're £25'ish + VAT per pair.

Mark. wink

1 - 20 of 24 Posts