Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
A queue of those horrible little Japanese shopping trolleys as viewed by someone with shocking eyesight?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Toyota IQs... Outside what looks like a Mazda plant or dealer...

·
Registered
37,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Three more Pearl white IQs waiting in the Toyota dealer paint shop to have their tops resprayed.

·
Registered
37,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The paint thickness was checked for originality. The IQ passed that test. Next in 4-6 weeks the car should go in for adhesion/peel testing. The body will be wrapped in damp plastic and the workshop will try removing the paint with suction or something like that.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,936 Posts
Out of interest, is Toyota footing the bill for that?

·
Registered
37,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is. They will provide a loan car too. The warranty on paint is 10 years. When I mentioned wanting a new bumper that I’d like painted the manager doing the check said if I was going to keep the IQ it’d be worth respraying the rear bumper too. That’d be at my expense but having the paint for the roof might be useful.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,936 Posts
That’s pretty impressive.

·
Registered
37,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m not sure of the cost of the bumper painting though as he said an entire repaint is four to five thousand pounds!
He said they take the taillights off and clean the crap off the back of the lense at the edge, “not detailing but cleaning it”.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Christ, it's just dawned on me that's a photo taken through a window... I thought it was a double-exposure or something, was trying to spot the trick! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No trick. Just a manifestation of the issue our IQ has suffered from. Three cars in a line like ours but a stage ahead in being fixed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts