Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi during a clutch change I discovered a mystery split/missing hose and wondered if anyone could tell me what it's for, on what I'm assuming is the dpf at the front of the engine on the right there are two small metal pipes that run vertically that are joined by a small piece of hose, on the car in question this is missing/split.

The cars a 2.0 JTDM 140 on a '12 plate.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea armoore, in your link the pipe is shown in the 5th picture from the bottom, from where the green arrow points at the nut at about 11 o clock you can see a rubber hose and metal clip securing it. That's the pipe that's split

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
The blue one. That then goes to the top of the EGR cooler cover 7th image down in the link. The clip is a Clic-R type which is reusable if you have the correct pliers, or are lucky using some side cutters. I like those clips but a lot don't preferring old design hose clips. The tubing or equivalent should available in the correct inside diameter, possibly high pressure fuel tubing, it will cope with a vacuum also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks blue but it's black, it's probably only 4 inches long and clearly connects to another metal hard pipe above it, I'll try get a photo at the weekend in the light.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

that's the pipe in question taken from below the engine with the old bits removed, the top pipe goes under the egr cooler somewhere and the bottom bit disappears behind the covers on the dpf

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it may well be, any idea what happens if that pipes missing apart from the dpf probably won't regen?

reason I originally asked the question is the car has a terrible idle and always feels like it wants to cut out, the garage told my sister it was due to the flywheel being really worn, I'm on replacing the flywheel and clutch but I'm not convinced that's causing the idle issue it feels

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Doubt DPF differential pipe would cause idle issue maybe that pipe is something to do with egr and it’s caused a closed system to be open?
Not really familiar with the set up on 2.0 it’s just that steel pipe on DPF resembles differential pressure one.
Best bet is replace the section of hose and see how it runs once that and clutch is done

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replaced the hose, idle is much better but given I've also done the clutch and dmf I'll not know which was causing the poor idle unless I get bored and pull the hose off again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts