Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
It's coax, so if the car radio is working ok ( probably not the standard aerial cable as it's not usually routed that way ) it's probably the remnant of some aftermarket DAB/GPS system.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's coax, so if the car radio is working ok ( probably not the standard aerial cable as it's not usually routed that way ) it's probably the remnant of some aftermarket DAB/GPS system.
Ah would it be related to the CD changer in my boot? Pic below.

The previous owner fitted a DAB radio / CD player head unit rendering the CD changer pointless.

Would the changer be original or aftermarket? I was going to take it out and see if anyone wanted to buy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
That would match the normal routing of the cd changer cable ( from my knowledge ) but I'd expect more cores in the cable.

Have a look at the writing on the cable near the cd changer and see if it matches the writing ( if you can get to it ) on the wire in the rear footwell. That may indicate it's the same cable.

If the p.o. has cut the cd changer cable instead of just leaving it be, that would have been a very silly thing to do.

As there was DAB in the car, my inclination would be that there was a splitter/amplifier near the aerial and a DAB feed was run from there to the head unit. That may be the one that has been cut.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
That's an aftermarket CD Changer, but probably compatible with later AR (Blaupunkt) headunits in the 147 and 159 era cars.

Does look like the CD changer cable. Bit dumb to slice off the connector.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As there was DAB in the car, my inclination would be that there was a splitter/amplifier near the aerial and a DAB feed was run from there to the head unit. That may be the one that has been cut.
There is a DAB aerial attached to the inside of the windscreen that I assume the current head unit uses. I don't particularly like it being there!!! I didn't even know what it was when I bought the car, never seen one til now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's an aftermarket CD Changer, but probably compatible with later AR (Blaupunkt) headunits in the 147 and 159 era cars.

Does look like the CD changer cable. Bit dumb to slice off the connector.
Thanks, I'll check it works and see if anyone is interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts