Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen a lovey looking tbi Spider for sale on Autotrader with one little difference - a mystery button by the gear-lever.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be for? Possibly some addition by a previous owner - switched electrical supply from 12v socket to some sort of accessory? Some sort of performance addition?

·
Registered
260 Posts
That photo is totally unclear, but if you mean the 5 pixels to the front right of the hazard light switch, yeah that is not standard.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Or a circuit breaker.
Or to turn on or off a power box.
You'll have to try out the button, or follow the wires to see were it connects.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is so many possibilities... First thing that came to my mind was whether car has an LPG conversion with DIY-style non-standard switch. If it has aftermarket ECU / piggybank addition then perhaps some high/low boost switch? But any of these is significant enough I believe it should be mentioned in description.

As for the minor thing there is ton of possiblities from some custom lighting (outside or inside), aftermarket car DVR or parking camera, radar detector/jammer, additional sub(s).

Probably safest to ask the owner, this is literally the most generic 12V switch you can buy so photo will not help much.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I've got a whole bank of similar switches on the control panel of my motor home. Not much help with this one though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts