Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know what this cable is for? On my car it goes nowhere, and I wonder if its a sensor cable?

Inner cables are black and white, location is behind the bumper.

All assistance is appreciated.
I have an airbag warning light showing, I hope its not a front sensor that isnt there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Its either the bonnet catch sensor or its for the fog light loom in the bumper, they both have that style of connector on them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Or loom for headlamp washers that came with upgraded lamps.
No wiring involved in the pop-up headlamp washers (facelift) .. they're actuated by water-pressure from the pump. (Pump would have a connection, but that'd be down near the windscreen-washer pump.

P

Reactions: dgmayhead

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its either the bonnet catch sensor or its for the fog light loom in the bumper, they both have that style of connector on them.
Ive got the front end on, all fog lights conected up, but not to that connector.
A detailed look at the bonnet catch and surrounding area didnt uncover a connection for it, so I cable tied it up neatly and I will ignore it for the moment. The car ran well without it connected, so i will let sleeping dogs lie.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Ive got the front end on, all fog lights conected up, but not to that connector.
A detailed look at the bonnet catch and surrounding area didnt uncover a connection for it, so I cable tied it up neatly and I will ignore it for the moment. The car ran well without it connected, so i will let sleeping dogs lie.
Are you getting an extra beep after a short delay when locking?

There is a small microswitch in the bottom of the bonnet catch with a short cable leading from it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Earlier cars had no sensor on the bonnet catch - I had a 156 that had had an older catch installed, presumably after the original had malfunctioned. The telltale is, as said, the extra beep.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Earlier cars had no sensor on the bonnet catch - I had a 156 that had had an older catch installed, presumably after the original had malfunctioned. The telltale is, as said, the extra beep.
No beep at all, so I guess all is well with thcar, except for noisy suspension, rattling dash, and weird tyre wear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts