Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon, all. I am off to Myanmar next year for a couple of work trips. Mainly based in and around Naypeitaw.

Have anyone on here been there and give me some ideas on what to do in my downtime. My knowledge of Burma is currently based on rewatching the Top Gear special where they drove lorries through the country! Doubt I'll have time to build a bamboo bridge :)

Any travel tips etc greatly welcome.

Cheers
Julian

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Cannot help one bit, but sounds like that could be fun :) whatever you get up to sir, enjoy it :)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cannot help one bit, but sounds like that could be fun :) whatever you get up to sir, enjoy it :)
Cheers Scudetto

I'm hoping it won't be all work and no play. I'll probably never get the chance to go again so need to make the most of it

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
I don’t blame you one bit, bud. Go for it! Do you have some colleagues or peers out there that could maybe recommend some things for you to do, or could they maybe join you on some activity that you could all enjoy? Local knowledge is the best knowledge :)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a week long fact finding trip in Feb with a colleague, so will scope out a few things. Then a 3 week trip in May and possibly a 3rd trip in September.
Hotels look good with pools and spas but want to see some of the country too.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Fab. So you have enough time to find your feet, then drill down to the fun stuff. Don’t stress then if your first few days or experiences are a bit m’eh; time is on your side to experience the good stuff. I wish you bon voyage. :)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm hoping it's good. It's on my list of things to find out. I know there's a lot of fish farms there, so I'm hoping the rivers and lakes are also full of catchable fish.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well nature is trying it best to scupper my trip!!
Corona Virus, Storm Ciara piling in on Sunday (I'm flying Sunday afternoon)

I've got a stinking cold but all being well a week in a strange country awaits next week. I've also been banned from driving over there! I quite enjoy the chaos of driving overseas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts