Alfa Romeo Forum banner
241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I'm not saying anything bad about Fiat - it's just the brand image Alfa won't build selling their cars next to Doblos or Ducatos. They have a great product, but the packaging lacks...

This is a dealership dedicated solely to BMW M in Poland:

While the Alfisti know the Q is far superior to M3, the average Joe will see this, then the Alfa dealership and he'll get the M3.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
I'm not saying anything bad about Fiat - it's just the brand image Alfa won't build selling their cars next to Doblos or Ducatos. They have a great product, but the packaging lacks...

While the Alfisti know the Q is far superior to M3, the average Joe will see this, then the Alfa dealership and he'll get the M3.
It's quite off-topic here but I think it's the least problem of Alfa Romeo in terms of selling cars :D If only this would be the problem, the sales would skyrocketing :D

·
Registered
403 Posts

View attachment 956505

You would be surprised how the modern day fiat is quite popular here. Mainly thanks to the 500 range, and abarth. Even the vans are quite abundant. Does that M dealership only sell pure M car's, or all the other BMW line's that have an M, or M sport, M performance stuck on? 🤭

Like most thing's in life, the generations that remember fix it again tomorrow, move on, and a new generation, swayed by the popularity of one or two models, gives a manufacturer a whole new image.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You would be surprised how the modern day fiat is quite popular here. Mainly thanks to the 500 range, and abarth. Even the vans are quite abundant.
Like which ones? Apart from the 500? Seriously, FIAT has had nothing interesting on offer for a long time. 500 is a wonder that will be a cash cow for years to come (hopefully the electric one will sell, despite the price), but there is nothing more - Tipo has a terrible choice of powertrains and transmissions, Panda is very popular in Italy, but not much anywhere else.
While Skoda is definitely selling in big numbers, VAG is not selling Fabias right next to an Audi A8. Same goes for Mercedes with GT 4-door and Sprinters or Citans.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Great combo. But why no Carbon / Alcantara on the steering wheel???
Because I don't want alcantara anywhere where it will be touched by hands frequently. Also, I like perforated leather much more. Of course, the four leaf clover would have been nice on it but I could let go of that...

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
611 Posts
Because I don't want alcantara anywhere where it will be touched by hands frequently. Also, I like perforated leather much more. Of course, the four leaf clover would have been nice on it but I could let go of that...
I didn’t get for the same reason. It’s a maintenance nightmare. I reached out to Koshi a few months back about just getting the cf cover for the insert and they said they didn’t have plans to make one. Now we have lots of my20/21 it should be justifiable. If enough people contact them with a request they should make it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
I didn’t get for the same reason. It’s a maintenance nightmare. I reached out to Koshi a few months back about just getting the cf cover for the insert and they said they didn’t have plans to make one. Now we have lots of my20/21 it should be justifiable. If enough people contact them with a request they should make it.
That can be a resolution but honestly, I can live without that.

·
Registered
39,138 Posts
The thing that saved Fiat was the merger with GM which the Americans had to pay in order to put a stop to it.
it payed for the 500. Along with the horrible 500-based Ka.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
This is worrying, from comments on the above video, by him.

Auto Fanatic
Auto Fanatic

1 day ago (edited)
I will be doing more videos on my channel outlining major changes to the chassis and dynamics because the 2021 is numb, slower steering, added steering weight and the nose rolls. Its basically a muted car now the new car is not the same as my 2018 QV and today we pulled front wheels off both cars to confirm the geometry changes to the lower control arms, spindles and steering rack. The entire front end geometry is changed and a copy of the German sport sedans. The one thing that always set this car apart from the masses is now GONE!! All part numbers are different and mounting points,The early cars might have had their share of mechanical issues but they drive superior to the 2021 in every regard if you want the ultimate sport sedan. The new car feels like a BMW or AMG if you like that feel with a quieter and more refined sedan then its a bonus but the earlier cars felt unlike any sport sedan ever created. Raw, light, sharp and engaging. I may be putting my 2021 QV for sale now as there is no possible way to mechanically install the earlier suspension bits due to new casting changes they made to the front subframe. If anyone is interested to learn and see what I am talking about follow my channel and IG for that upcoming video because nobody is talking about this in the media. AF
A new Giulia Q related video has been published from Auto Fanatic. I checked this previous one and I think he withdrew this comment.

I asked him in the comments that:
You were very upset about the changes in the steering. You promised a video about it and you envisaged selling the car asap. I'm waiting for that video since. Have you changed your mind? You seem like keeping the car.
He answered:
it seems to have changed quite a bit once i hit 595 miles the car feels way better than it initially did during break in mode. there is one new suspension mod i made, new video coming that made a huge difference to the front end stay tuned.

Looks like the Giulia Q is just a too gorgeous car to let go for some minor changes... :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
A new Giulia Q related video has been published from Auto Fanatic. I checked this previous one and I think he withdrew this comment.

I asked him in the comments that:
You were very upset about the changes in the steering. You promised a video about it and you envisaged selling the car asap. I'm waiting for that video since. Have you changed your mind? You seem like keeping the car.
He answered:
it seems to have changed quite a bit once i hit 595 miles the car feels way better than it initially did during break in mode. there is one new suspension mod i made, new video coming that made a huge difference to the front end stay tuned.

Looks like the Giulia Q is just a too gorgeous car to let go for some minor changes... :)
So, here is the long awaited video:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Not overly convincing, it does look like a sensible idea which I might try but he fails to mention whether it has made any difference to the car on the road, that in my view is what matters….
Yes, this is not the video I expected. I was thinking it will be the one explaining the differences between the new front suspension and the old. He is avoiding that topic very conspiciously since his last outrage in the comment section of the first MY18-MY21 comparison video...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
He does say in the comments that it improves the feel.
Which is not very easy to believe for me... I mean, the stick do the same job as the massive Stelvio's swaybar end link. The stick might be damaged by smaller forces, but as long as it does not reach its yield strength, it will behave the same way. Connecting its ends.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't think I'd notice the way I drive, that's if it does make a difference?
I think it's being a bit over the top but each to their own...

241 - 259 of 259 Posts