Alfa Romeo Forum banner
221 - 240 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lovely looking car Hussar, you must be hyped up by now!

I have watched almost every clip on YT and read countless articles on the QF. Auto Fanatic is one of the very few who has dived under the skin of the QF technically, modified it, and made a lot of clips off that back of his efforts. He is knowledgeable and credible in my eyes. His comments on his new QF correlate with other things I have seen/read, he is just the first I have seen who is digging further and trying to understand what has actually changed. I look forward to his future clips, I am sure he will get into the technical detail and show us what Alfa did to support his statement above. I am also keen to see if any owners can confirm or deny the existence of an OPF on the latest cars.

It leaves me a bit torn. I was all set to order an MY21 then delayed and now cannot order a car in the spec I would like. My first temptation won me back and I have instead placed a deposit on a build slot for an MY22 GTR Track Edition but have grave doubts the car will ever be made, which leads me to being drawn back to the QF. I think if I was to buy one now I would be tempted by an MY19 model but finding a well-optioned car is difficult. In the meantime, I will keep an eye on Auto Fanatics' upcoming videos and keep pushing on Nissan for a confirmed factory order and delivery date.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Lovely looking car Hussar, you must be hyped up by now!

I have watched almost every clip on YT and read countless articles on the QF. Auto Fanatic is one of the very few who has dived under the skin of the QF technically, modified it, and made a lot of clips off that back of his efforts. He is knowledgeable and credible in my eyes. His comments on his new QF correlate with other things I have seen/read, he is just the first I have seen who is digging further and trying to understand what has actually changed. I look forward to his future clips, I am sure he will get into the technical detail and show us what Alfa did to support his statement above. I am also keen to see if any owners can confirm or deny the existence of an OPF on the latest cars.

It leaves me a bit torn. I was all set to order an MY21 then delayed and now cannot order a car in the spec I would like. My first temptation won me back and I have instead placed a deposit on a build slot for an MY22 GTR Track Edition but have grave doubts the car will ever be made, which leads me to being drawn back to the QF. I think if I was to buy one now I would be tempted by an MY19 model but finding a well-optioned car is difficult. In the meantime, I will keep an eye on Auto Fanatics' upcoming videos and keep pushing on Nissan for a confirmed factory order and delivery date.
You know I felt the same thing many times which you have described. But in the end, I understand now, that it does not matter. They changed the steering? Wow, many of my acquaintances have told me that it became better because they did not prefer that light steering. Now the car's front might not feel so light, but there are plenty more response on the steering wheel from the road.
GPF? We don't know sure yet but look... If even the Giulia Q is equipped with one now, then it means every other new car is equipped with it, so you can't avoid it.
You surely have read my post in the other thread. For me, no matter how frustrated and humiliated I felt myself, there was never really an other option. It took time even for me to understand it. That this car is a gem. And the alternatives are just can't substitute it...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fair enough Hussar, it's a personal choice, there is no right or wrong. The possibility that the car is being watered down is deeply unappealing for me as the things that are now being questioned were previously some of ts strong traits - light/fast responsive steering, exhaust note, raw feel etc. The gubbins added for the level II autonomous driving could turn out to be the reason for the steering changes, time will tell.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Good idea to put covers on for sun protection. Is it hot in Hungary at the moment?
Yes, it is, constantly above 30 °C. The covers are the regular ones applied in the factory for transportation. They put the car under the tent for protection but I hope, for the weekend they moved out the other cars from the building and mine is inside now...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't know why, but I really like that car. 🤣

A very nice spec, congratulations you must be very happy to finally have the wait over, have you taken delivery yet? It's nice to see the contrast of the wheels, as you've had the red calipers too, the Technicos are way nicer than I pictured. The wheels were the hardest choice for me, stoll need to see them all side by side really, yo know which I prefer better.

Cool....I guess they arrive with some sort of spring spacers to prevent transporter damage.......if not that must be the off road version!!
Mine had a sticker on the windscreen mentioning something about suspension, a warning. I guess it was also sitting higher for transportation.

·
Registered
403 Posts
As for the steering changes, I can't say I've felt anything bad yet? The steering still feels quick and responsive, but I have yet to really drive it with such low mileage. The only difference that I have noticed, there does not appear to be the same wheel judder from slow manoeuvres on full lock? I don't know if early quads had this, or just the Veloce models and below? Have they changed the camber?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I read on the US Giulia forum that AR dropped the Ackerman geometry that was responsible for the juddering due to receiving so many complaints. Along with that, they made changes to the subframe and steering components for the level II autonomous driving gubbins.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
I don't know why, but I really like that car. 🤣

A very nice spec, congratulations you must be very happy to finally have the wait over, have you taken delivery yet? It's nice to see the contrast of the wheels, as you've had the red calipers too, the Technicos are way nicer than I pictured. The wheels were the hardest choice for me, stoll need to see them all side by side really, yo know which I prefer better.

Mine had a sticker on the windscreen mentioning something about suspension, a warning. I guess it was also sitting higher for transportation.
Thanks, I have not seen any similar Giulia Q-s yet. It should be quite unique. But I love it. It is exactly how I imagined it...
As for the spring spacers... I don't know. I put the previous pictures and these next to each other. I don't know if it really sits lower now but I can tell you, in person it looked very good. I did not have the impression that it is not sitting low enough.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The Fiat in the background... They will never learn :(.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Well at least it's Italian. My local dealer has a whole range of cheap nasty Citroens. Horrible smelly rubbery French cars.
I love Citroen, but the last fine car they released was the C5... And it's a totally different breed than Alfa. Strange choice of brands for the dealer :).

Dealers do actually need to sell cars so as to be in a position to provide a service to the 2 people a year that buy an Alfa from a range of 2 cars. Alfa sales wouldn't pay for the coffee machine.
That is an expensive 500+ BHP car. It could do with some fancy Abarths or some "civil" Alfas in the background... All it needs is a Doblo standing right next to it... You won't be selling a 35 kGBP car (base Giulia) when it's surrounded by Tipos. At least in Poland they've joined Alfas with Jeeps, so at least there's no feeling it's just a "posh Fiat".

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
It was very mixed, behind the Fiats, there were 2 Giulia Veloces and a Stelvio Veloce. Also Jeeps were there. They sell FCA brand cars. I really don't care about the other cars. Mine is inside, protected from the weather, that's the point for me :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Well, sure, when you already ordered there's no point in massaging you additionally - the car itself will do it :). But if a stranger comes to the dealer, he won't get an impression it's such a special car when it stands next to a Fiat.
Congratulations again, I'll be picikng my 200 HP one soon and I'd gladly have a Q instead :).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, Fiat literally saved FCA - financially (at least here in Europe). I think for every Giulia they sold, they must have sold many hundreds or thousands or more of the Fiat 500 series. if not for this, FCA would have died a while ago. :)

221 - 240 of 259 Posts