Alfa Romeo Forum banner
201 - 220 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Totally with you on that one! I too don't want my car delivered in say mid-January with summer tyres (it would also be illegal to drive the car in Swedish with summer tyres if it's wintery conditions) and there is little joy having the car delivered in October/November...

Really hope your misfortunes soon come to an end.
You must be some kind of "luck talisman" or idk, but I talked to the dealer an hour ago and he told me that the car was built last Wednesday, 9th of June. It's already on its way from Italy. It won't take so long to arrive here as it takes to the UK. Hopefully, the days of misery are over...

·
Registered
403 Posts
You must be some kind of "luck talisman" or idk, but I talked to the dealer an hour ago and he told me that the car was built last Wednesday, 9th of June. It's already on its way from Italy. It won't take so long to arrive here as it takes to the UK. Hopefully, the days of misery are over...
Wow I bet that news has made you smile. Congratulations, finally the result you were hoping for. I was chasing a build week for ages, and then suddenly got told it was built. Hopefully you will get to see it real soon. Might be around the same time as me, if your customs and imports are quicker than ours.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Wow I bet that news has made you smile. Congratulations, finally the result you were hoping for. I was chasing a build week for ages, and then suddenly got told it was built. Hopefully you will get to see it real soon. Might be around the same time as me, if your customs and imports are quicker than ours.
Yes, I really did not expect any good news when I made the call so I was quite surprised. They told me, it usually takes 4 weeks to get the car from the date of build (transport, paperwork, license plate etc.). So I hope, in 3 weeks I can drive it. Hopefully it will be in Hungary next week so at least I can go to the dealer and walk it around.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice one, the wait is nearly over!!! all worth it in the end

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like Auto Fanatics channel and that is another good video from him. He is about the best advocate Alfa has for the QF. The water ingress problem is baffling though, why can't Alfa fix this. How hard can it be if they actually took it seriously?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 · (Edited)
I like Auto Fanatics channel and that is another good video from him. He is about the best advocate Alfa has for the QF. The water ingress problem is baffling though, why can't Alfa fix this. How hard can it be if they actually took it seriously?
I think, the fact that he bought a new Giulia Q instead of buying a different car is a strong message alone. I have a friend who just did the same recently. Sold his old Giulia Q to buy a new one. And I think we could find many examples like this. It seems that there are no similar car in this price range which could be an alternative for the Alfa.
I test drove an M4 (G82) last Friday. It was cool, powerful and fast but idk... It just did not get to me. It felt.... artificial.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·

He is complaining about the steering that in D and R it became heavier. I don't understand, from the beginning it was a complaint that the steering is too light. Now the problem is that it has become heavier? It seems, nothing is good enough...

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,509 Posts
Cool....I guess they arrive with some sort of spring spacers to prevent transporter damage.......if not that must be the off road version!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally...and there is a lot of summer left to enjoy it... ;)

A really good looking car - congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts

He is complaining about the steering that in D and R it became heavier. I don't understand, from the beginning it was a complaint that the steering is too light. Now the problem is that it has become heavier? It seems, nothing is good enough...
This is worrying, from comments on the above video, by him.

Auto Fanatic

Auto Fanatic

1 day ago (edited)
I will be doing more videos on my channel outlining major changes to the chassis and dynamics because the 2021 is numb, slower steering, added steering weight and the nose rolls. Its basically a muted car now the new car is not the same as my 2018 QV and today we pulled front wheels off both cars to confirm the geometry changes to the lower control arms, spindles and steering rack. The entire front end geometry is changed and a copy of the German sport sedans. The one thing that always set this car apart from the masses is now GONE!! All part numbers are different and mounting points,The early cars might have had their share of mechanical issues but they drive superior to the 2021 in every regard if you want the ultimate sport sedan. The new car feels like a BMW or AMG if you like that feel with a quieter and more refined sedan then its a bonus but the earlier cars felt unlike any sport sedan ever created. Raw, light, sharp and engaging. I may be putting my 2021 QV for sale now as there is no possible way to mechanically install the earlier suspension bits due to new casting changes they made to the front subframe. If anyone is interested to learn and see what I am talking about follow my channel and IG for that upcoming video because nobody is talking about this in the media. AF

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
611 Posts

Auto Fanatic
Auto Fanatic

1 day ago (edited)
I will be doing more videos on my channel outlining major changes to the chassis and dynamics because the 2021 is numb, slower steering, added steering weight and the nose rolls. Its basically a muted car now the new car is not the same as my 2018 QV and today we pulled front wheels off both cars to confirm the geometry changes to the lower control arms, spindles and steering rack. The entire front end geometry is changed and a copy of the German sport sedans. The one thing that always set this car apart from the masses is now GONE!! All part numbers are different and mounting points,The early cars might have had their share of mechanical issues but they drive superior to the 2021 in every regard if you want the ultimate sport sedan. The new car feels like a BMW or AMG if you like that feel with a quieter and more refined sedan then its a bonus but the earlier cars felt unlike any sport sedan ever created. Raw, light, sharp and engaging. I may be putting my 2021 QV for sale now as there is no possible way to mechanically install the earlier suspension bits due to new casting changes they made to the front subframe. If anyone is interested to learn and see what I am talking about follow my channel and IG for that upcoming video because nobody is talking about this in the media. AF
If true this must be the french already neutering the brand so future rebadged french cars will not be quite as massive a gap.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
611 Posts
It should really have applied from my20 as that was when the bigger changes should have happened. Pistons heads did comment on different steering feel in my20.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·

Auto Fanatic
Auto Fanatic

1 day ago (edited)
Sad thing. Anyway, we'll see it later.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
611 Posts
It’s probably a bit of exaggeration. If the difference was as massive as he says everyone would talk about it. He probably doesn’t like the slower steering ratio and the thicker steering wheel is more in hands than fingers and you get sensation of less feel. More noise insulation again known change makes it feel a bit more like German cars and as you get a bit less noise and vibration (the only source of feel in electric steering cars) you lose some road feel. I very much doubt the car drives that different. It will get him lots more clicks to sensationalise this.

201 - 220 of 259 Posts