Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

So, here we are, folks.

This thread is meant to be the sequel of my previous MY20 Quadrifoglio thread. The occasion is the introduction of the MY21 price list (in Hungary).
The news are quite positive. The anticipated 300k HUF (~750 GBP) price increase on the base turned out to be only 150k (375 GBP). Other options' prices have remained the same. Furthermore, a 200k HUF (500 GBP) package is now included in the base price. This package contains the keyless entry, storage rack in the door and the outer door handle lights. So, can we say it is basically a price reduction? :)

Finally, the biggest surprise of the new list is: Montreal Green is indicated as an option! (but still no GT Junir Ocra though)
Yes, seems like it's here now!

Also, the engines are now categorized as Euro6D-final (or simply Euro6D) instead of Euro6D-temp as it was for the MY20 (and MY19). I couldn't find any differences technically yet but the indicated CO2 emission based on WLTP are down ~4%.

I know the Hungarian price list has only limited relevancy for you but it might be a good precursor. I hope you will share the UK list here too, once it's released.
Anyway, if you are interested, you find the list here. Google translate might help or you can ask me. (Edit: Thanks to @MattMatt1 here's the translated version. Not flawless, but good enough)

As for me, no more procrastination, I will order mine next week. ;)

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY20
1,214 Posts
View attachment 944327

So, here we are, folks.

This thread is meant to be the sequel of my previous MY20 Quadrifoglio thread. The occasion is the introduction of the MY21 price list (in Hungary).
The news are quite positive. The anticipated 300k HUF (~750 GBP) price increase on the base turned out to be only 150k (375 GBP). Other options' prices have remained the same. Furthermore, a 200k HUF (500 GBP) package is now included in the base price. This package contains the keyless entry, storage rack in the door and the outer door handle lights. So, can we say it is basically a price reduction? :)

Finally, the biggest surprise of the new list is: Montreal Green is indicated as an option! (but still no GT Junir Ocra though)
Yes, seems like it's here now!

Also, the engines are now categorized as Euro6D-final (or simply Euro6D) instead of Euro6D-temp as it was for the MY20 (and MY19). I couldn't find any differences technically yet but the indicated CO2 emission based on WLTP are down ~4%.

I know the Hungarian price list has only limited relevancy for you but it might be a good precursor. I hope you will share the UK list here too, once it's released.
Anyway, if you are interested, you find the list here. Google translate might help or you can ask me.

As for me, no more procrastination, I will order mine next week. ;)
Very interesting @HussarF. MY21 is delayed here due to Brexit it seems. My biggest concern ordering one of the last MY20s was noone could tell me if MY21 would change at all but seems (apart from heritage colours) there aren't any. Although you mentioned only the Montreal green, any mention of the new Ocra or 6C red at all?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting @HussarF. MY21 is delayed here due to Brexit it seems. My biggest concern ordering one of the last MY20s was noone could tell me if MY21 would change at all but seems (apart from heritage colours) there aren't any. Although you mentioned only the Montreal green, any mention of the new Ocra or 6C red at all?

I do not know any more which I have written above. The list has been published yesterday evening. I can talk to my dealer on Monday about the details. When have you ordered yours? August/September? Placing orders for the MY20 was stopped at the beginning of October due to "slots" were filled in the manufacturing schedule for 2020. Cars ordered from now on will definitely be manufactured next year.

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY20
1,214 Posts
I do not know any more which I have written above. The list has been published yesterday evening. I can talk to my dealer on Monday about the details. When have you ordered yours? August/September? Placing orders for the MY20 was stopped at the beginning of October due to "slots" were filled in the manufacturing schedule for 2020. Cars ordered from now on will definitely be manufactured next year.
Mine is due into build next week for delivery next month. The dealer already ordered it and pretty much matched what I wanted. So got a bit lucky.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Managed to get some further intel about the new colours. The Villa d'Este red is going to be available from February. However, the GT Junior Ocra will be an option only from Q3 2021. Let's see if these are proven true.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just for the record, I have ordered mine. Montreal green, carbon ceramic brakes with red calipers, Sparco seats, exposed carbon roof and so on. As per the price list, this configuration is 80k GBP (of course, in HUF) but I received a 70k GBP quote for it which I accepted. Not sure if it will be manufactured in December or in January. The nearest possible date I can get my hands on it is the end of January (which is a bit soon, as I expected it around March).

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Can’t wait to see that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
950 Posts
Just for the record, I have ordered mine. Montreal green, carbon ceramic brakes with red calipers, Sparco seats, exposed carbon roof and so on. As per the price list, this configuration is 80k GBP (of course, in HUF) but I received a 70k GBP quote for it which I accepted. Not sure if it will be manufactured in December or in January. The nearest possible date I can get my hands on it is the end of January (which is a bit soon, as I expected it around March).
Congrats!
Any information if the bonnet will be CF or aluminium?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
cant wait too see some pics, q3 21 for the yellow is a pain...but gives me time to build up funds, unless the green looks too good to resist in the metal and i can find a deal that works for me!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have ordered mine. Montreal green, carbon ceramic brakes with red calipers, Sparco seats, exposed carbon roof and so on
Congrats, looking forward to some photos in the Green, some nice options to suit. Which wheels did you option?

cant wait too see some pics, q3 21 for the yellow is a pain...but gives me time to build up funds,
Not sure why the fascination with the yellow, I just don't think it works on the Giulia. But each to their own :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to everyone!

@lizard the bonnet is CF. The aluminium bonnet was only a joke from @metalgod23 because of my constant whining over the alu roof since MY20. 😄

@Deman77 red seatbelts and red stitching for the interior. With the red calipers also, red will be kind of a secondary colour.

@m&ms dark Tecnico wheels. I know, the Lusso/Classico wheels are the One for many Alfisti, but for me... I prefer a bit more the agressive appearance of the tecnicos to the art of the lussos.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
611 Posts
I think QV just has this way of wearing any colour. It just looks great wearing anything.
I do think they polish the hell out of those marketing cars as nothing looks the same in real life and I bet the production line orange peel clear coat has a lot to do with that.

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,013 Posts
@Deman77, not polished extra, just some smart polishing using software. Those images are High Dynamic Range edited (HDR) and software can make any colour pop. Heck you can do this on a decent phone these days with an app.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
611 Posts
I am not talking HDR - that just lifts shadows and reduces highlights and does nothing for texture. I’m talking the highly polished slick metal look. You will not get that with factory clear coat - the reflections will have tiny ripples in them and will not by like glass because of the orange peel but can get it polished out and detailed. But regardless whether it’s software or hardware enhanced my point is it is not a stock finish one will get out of factory. I think green in particular will be very hard to achieve the advert look.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts