Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is anything new to be expected with MY20 QV model since its a launch event tomorrow (except laggy touch screen)? Im pretty sure i saw some YT video a few weeks ago with MY20 QV in the US.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
Agree about the steering. Don't like it much. Nothing new except the touchscreen and centre console. It's been out in USA for 3 months or more.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Interesting presentation. I don't think there are enough improvements to persuade me to trade in my early Giulia Quadrifoglio. At 35,000 miles, it's barely run-in.

I will be getting a test drive of the new version as soon as I can and I might just be persuaded. Lo vedremo!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Non ho capito

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
Ok presentation. Mostly expected stuff including colours, dark finish on exterior trim and interior changes. The most interesting things I did not expect were:

1. At about 18 minutes they mention a new option for the Quadrifoglio - Akrapovic exhaust ! Would be an expensive option. Akra aftermarket cost is about £6k for the QF. Would be interesting to compare what the Alfa option cost is.
2. An option to add the full leather Veloce sports perforated seats in colour! So you can have a QV with standard Giulia seats! Not sure about that.

·
Registered
35,138 Posts
Ah , but that means you can have a standard Giulia with something from the Quadrifoglio!
Some of those details were interesting, like a display for component temperatures.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are the full list:

Q2020-details.png

I, personally, like the new steering wheel. But this was a known feature since last year. I was a bit surprised how many extra things have come above the standard MY20 features.
  • Akrapovic titanium exhaust
  • New taillights
  • The new Verde Montreal color is awesome
  • Colored seatbelts
It was a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting presentation. I don't think there are enough improvements to persuade me to trade in my early Giulia Quadrifoglio. At 35,000 miles, it's barely run-in.

I will be getting a test drive of the new version as soon as I can and I might just be persuaded. Lo vedremo!
I don't think the intention behind this pre-facelift was to make recent QV owners change their cars. It is not even a real facelift. Its purpose is to update the cars with features (mainly ADAS2, and a better infotainment) which should have been offered from the start of the model.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I’ve watched the presentation again carefully. It is more than a face lift, but falls short of the mid-life update we might have hoped for.
One thing that intrigues me is the Drive Mode Explorer at 12m50. Does this allow one to make individual selections of Exhaust Open and Pedal Map, for example, or does it just display the settings associated with Race or other mode selected, I wonder.
My understanding of the video is that the Akrapovic exhaust is standard not an option.
They put a lot of emphasis on the new rear lights. Shame they’ve not changed to headlights to LED.
Why did they keep the gear lever? Buttons for D,N,R and P would suffice, surely. I don’t think I’ve used the gear lever once in 3 years to change gear.
I really doubt if they will sell many in green?
I definitely want to drive a demonstrator. I might be tempted.

Reactions: bucketbot and cue2

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is it safe to assume that "real" facelift scheduled for next year will in reality come somewhere in 2022 (to actually get the car, not announcement)?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I think there are differing understandings of 'facelift'.
To me a facelift is cosmetic and doesn't introduce functional changes.
The MY20 Quadrifoglio has functional enhancements. Perhaps, not as many as we would like, but significant ones.

Reactions: ScanianMan

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
One thing that intrigues me is the Drive Mode Explorer at 12m50. Does this allow one to make individual selections of Exhaust Open and Pedal Map, for example, or does it just display the settings associated with Race or other mode selected, I wonder.

My understanding of the video is that the Akrapovic exhaust is standard not an option.

Why did they keep the gear lever? Buttons for D,N,R and P would suffice, surely. I don’t think I’ve used the gear lever once in 3 years to change gear.
I really doubt if they will sell many in green?

I definitely want to drive a demonstrator. I might be tempted.
The DNA modes individual settings is just for display. I played with a MY20 Stelvio on display at Thames Tunbridge wells and so all of this is what I expected.

I am not so sure of the exhaust, I watched it 3 times with the same confusion and in the end I feel it will be an option. The thing is MY20 QF are already out in the wild in USA and some EU countries and these have the standard exhaust. If it will be standard then the list price will go up massively.

I agree with the gear lever, I only use it to select Park and Reverse , everything else paddles. Buttons would have been neat and given the wow factor to the QF, same with the LED headlights which could have been added at least as an option on the halo model. They missed a couple of tricks.

Agree about the Green too. I am not so sure.

You will find it drives exactly the same as the late MY18, 19s as the only change is the addition of port injectors which they already had, so no changes mechanically.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I am not so sure of the exhaust, I watched it 3 times with the same confusion and in the end I feel it will be an option. The thing is MY20 QF are already out in the wild in USA and some EU countries and these have the standard exhaust. If it will be standard then the list price will go up massively.
I listened to the Italian and he definitely said the Akrapovic was 'di serie' which is standard. It might well drive the base price up.

I have a suspicion that the true MY20 Quadrifoglios in Europe will differ from the US ones. Time will tell.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts