Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have had my '83 Spider for 9 years now. I was recently rear ended by an uninsured motorist. My insurance company insists on totalling my car(OH state law supposedly). I am seeking advice and have a few questions. I definitely want to have a Spider going forward, I am just not sure what is the smartest move I can make.

I am only the 4th owner of this car, and it has 53K miles. I've put about $12K in it through the years and it is in great shape. I just need to reupholster the seats and put in new carpeting, and the car is 95% restored. My insurance company will give me a generous settlement ($8400 less $1500 salvage value). My questions:
Should I get it repaired (I can do this for a very low price of $4K), and have a salvage title vehicle, or should I sell the parts and start all over again with another Spider? I'm concerned about the status of a salvage title and the vehicle's value after repair.

Please understand, I've put some valuable parts in it, new top, clutch, syncros in the gear box, tires, brakes, catalytic converter, wheel bearings, etc. It's in wonderful shape, sans the crumpled rear end.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Administrator
60,066 Posts
Hi and welcome, sorry to hear about your spider, ouch. Glad you found us, hope you enjoy the site. Cheers.:)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car :(

N

·
0 Posts
Welcome.

I'd think of it this way: If you scrap her,
there'd be one less Spider in the world......

:( :( :( :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts