Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife has finally seen sense and decided to ditch her 306 cab( Now up for sale ) and drive an Alfa;)

Yesterday we were the winning bidder on this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270635352351&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Cant pick it up until the weekend at the earliest as my little man's not well again and spent the weekend in hospital fighting a chest infection.
Bit cautious having never brought a motor on ebay before but I have a suspicion the owner is a AO member, just waiting for confirmation. Does look a beaut though:thumbs:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers,

My Mrs wanted a cab since she was 17, move on 21 years and she finally got one, trouble is with Mason's condition the roof very rarely comes down, so pointless having a cabbie(I told her this at the time-but let her get it out of her system;)) So knowing this I only taxed the cab for 6 months.:p
I've never been a fan of anything french or cabriolets so the 2 together IMO are a bad mix, both the 306 and the megane of that era were boneshakers, doing 90mph in one is a whole different experience all together.
Just got to try and recoup some of the costs now, there is a market for them and the good ones sell well, ours is a phase 3,51 plate with 65k on the clock in moonstone blue with red leather so got a fair bit going for it.

Incidentally what won my wife over was in her words "The difference in drive between mine and yours is huge"

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
WoW, somebody has seriously loved their GTV. Have you seen what has been spent on the car n the last 3 years?! Blimey.
Looks a good one, hope the Mrs sees the light and stays that way!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WoW, somebody has seriously loved their GTV. Have you seen what has been spent on the car n the last 3 years?! Blimey.
Looks a good one, hope the Mrs sees the light and stays that way!
I know that was the main reason I plumped 2k on her on Saturday, not expecting to win it. Someone bid it up to £1950.

S

·
0 Posts
Seriously nice GTV, congratulations. Hope to see it at the next SWARM:thumbs:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously nice GTV, congratulations. Hope to see it at the next SWARM:thumbs:
Home life is starting too settle down a little now, Mason on the mend(touch wood) so hopefully I'll be there and spoilt for choose at that!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I used to have a 306 cab a few years ago. was not a bad car just had no power (2.0 8v) GTV is way better.

car looks nice well done good buy.....

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers all, would have been better with a 3.0L V6 lump in her but the fuel cost from the wife's cab are bad enough as it is.
I don't know who's looking forward to collecting her on Saturday more:) Going to be a nice run back for the missus as route planner suggests its 3hr run, we may have swap half way.
Owner is an AO member although not a regular, just hope its not a lemon.
What colour serpents would suit, red or black?

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
That looks stunning. I can't see any reason for it to be a lemon, the guy has not exactly skimped on maintainance! I love the look of the twin exhaust by the way, looks good without being too obvious. :thumbs:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers, just a little dubious not having seen the car first, kinda gone against my golden rule on this. Seller has been great tho, quite open in discussion so as yet have nothing to doubt.
Yeah your right the **** end looks the dogs danglies without overkill also I was never a real fan of the GTV side on but that spoiler does it justice.
Mrs loves the look of it and cant wait to drive her, I can see a few "debates" on the horizon over who drives what..... "its my car" "yes but I paid for it" all good fun:lol:

Going to take both out on Sunday and get some scenic shots done.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GUTTED!!!!!!!!

Set out yesterday which the intention of coming home with 2 Alfas and came back with none:cry:
Had to come in a loan *****ty ford fusion(most uncomfortable ride ever!! horrid,horrid car)
Got to within 20 miles of the GTV when my 156 decides to pop out 5th gear, Hmmmm, does it again, bu&&er! Engine loses a little power and acceleration becomes how can I describe it.... knocky.
Bl00dy clutch on the way out, so pull in a cracket lane services M25 pop the bonnet and you can really smell the clutch slipping, great dual mass fly wheel, ouch!

Rang the seller who was very understandable and offered to cover his re list fee's, so there a nice GTV going still for all those interested.
My Bella is still "daawn sauff" waiting to be brought back on a low loader to Simply alfas hopefully tomorrow. So expect a call first thing John if you read this;)

What a ****** of a weekend, and to top it off I keep catching glimpse of that *****e Fusion disgracing my drive:rant:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

M

·
0 Posts
bad luck dude...but why are you not still purchasing the GTV ?...you could of come home in it then...

Mike

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unfortunately I'm going to have to use some of the £2k to repair the 156, Wish it were different as my wife had really set her heart on the GTV but with the cabriolet not sold yet its too much cash to be tied into 3 different cars. If her car was already sold then great but with the prospect of a £700 bill its a difficult scenario.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts