Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mate who I really am struggling to work out why i'm still his mate. He's the sort that always seeks the approval of others which generally leads to him stroked or made a fool of. Now everytime this happens I am always the first to try and help and be there as a bit of moral support but once he's back on his feet again I might not see him for weeks/months later until someone else breaks his heart or steals money from him or just generally screws him around.

Why do i bother?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheeky sods:lol: The reason why this has cropped up is that i need a bit of work done that he is very good at but the excuses i'm getting off him are just rubbish so I just think that when the inevitable happens again that I just wont bother trying to help.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It sounds like you are being used. As you get older you start to realise its REAL friends that matter and most people don't have that many of them.

I would either tell him how you feel or don't have anything more to do with him.

Life is too short and you (probably) deserve better:)

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sounds like you are being used. As you get older you start to realise its REAL friends that matter and most people don't have that many of them.

I would either tell him how you feel or don't have anything more to do with him.

Life is too short and you (probably) deserve better:)

Quite true, I have learnt this very recently with others. I just think i feel sorry for the guy because he always getting screwed over by others knowing he's not the brightest spark and a softy.

·
Administrator
45,147 Posts
It sounds like you are him - but an extra rung down the ladder! ;) :p :cheese:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It sounds like you are him - but an extra rung down the ladder! ;) :p :cheese:
cheeky bugger:lol: I have to admit i am a soft touch though so i can let people away with murder dependant on my mood but i've yet to be taken for a mug.:p....well apart from the time i bought my Alfa:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Perhaps he only comes back to you when he's exhausted the goodwill of his other friends?

Sadly some people are just very needy - but they'll never grow up until they are forced (in a nice way) to stand on their own two feet.

Supporting a friend is a good thing - but being a crutch just makes them a cripple.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps he only comes back to you when he's exhausted the goodwill of his other friends?
I genuinely don't think he has many friends but does have quite a few hangers on as he likes the flash the cash etc and once the kitty dry all these good mates of his disappear. Its sad really that he's willing to bend over backwards to people who openly slag him off and think he's a **** but wont do a 5minute job for an old friend. but there ya go.

R

·
0 Posts
Its sad really that he's willing to bend over backwards to people who openly slag him off and think he's a **** but wont do a 5minute job for an old friend. but there ya go.
You sound like you may be the best and most loyal friend he could have at present and he is being a bit short sighted.

On the other hand, have you considered that he realises how the others treat him and knows what you have to offer but despite this just does not really want you as a friend?

·
Administrator
60,108 Posts
It's hard to face it when a "friend" is only around when he needs you for something.
Sad to say goodbye but probably better for your peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Sometimes the best friends are the ones who don't bail you out, tell you what you want to hear or bend over backwards to do stuff for you.

My Mrs has a ......"friend"..... who I call sponge. You know she's after something.... you just have to mind read what it is. Then you don't see her for months. She rants to others about how her friends treat her..... Bah!!!

I have no time or patience for sponges or paracites.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just watch he doesn't sign up to AO and reply to your thread :)
If he did i could only assume he knows how much of a useless friend he is.

On the other hand, have you considered that he realises how the others treat him and knows what you have to offer but despite this just does not really want you as a friend?
I am thinking around these lines myself.

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
time to hit the eject button, methinks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts