Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the process of buying new wheels. Are my rims 7" or 7.5"?

Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,263 Posts
Just in the process of buying new wheels. Are my rims 7" or 7.5"?
Obviously that depends on which rims you have!

Most of the 17" option rims were 7" wide though.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Obviously that depends on which rims you have!

Most of the 17" option rims were 7" wide though.
Mine are 17" ... Pud237's are 17.5" ... that size tyre will fit both (I actually have 225x45x17s on mine)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
The owner's manual says they're 7J x 17".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks guys, I did look at the wheels (which are the OE Alfa multispokes) but couldn't see mention of the rim width.

I see, so 215/45/17 tyres will fit onto either 7" or 7.5" then!

The new wheels I have ordered are 7" but I guess 7.5 would have been fine. Any particular advantage to be had? Same amount of rubber on the ground of course, with the same tyres! Probably less chance of kerbing the rim.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
VO2Max I've just seen your other thread ... so which wheels have you decided to go for???

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
They are mighty wide wheels!! ;) I'm guessing you mean 7" and Pud237's are 7.5".

Cheers,

Mark
:tut:I was right the first time ... we both have 156's that look like go-karts ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris, I have gone for the Replica ones. The 8C copies are nicer but a little more expensive and probably more difficult to keep looking nice.

·
Vendor
46,644 Posts
Many thanks guys, I did look at the wheels (which are the OE Alfa multispokes) but couldn't see mention of the rim width.

I see, so 215/45/17 tyres will fit onto either 7" or 7.5" then!

The new wheels I have ordered are 7" but I guess 7.5 would have been fine. Any particular advantage to be had? Same amount of rubber on the ground of course, with the same tyres! Probably less chance of kerbing the rim.
My 7.5"s came with 215/45/17 but it was a very tight fit. 225/45/17 protects the rims much better. I think your wheels will take 225/45/17s though, but I think you would be better off sticking with the 215s and get the gearing advantage.

They are mighty wide wheels!! ;) I'm guessing you mean 7" and Pud237's are 7.5".

Cheers,

Mark
Yes, you're right. GTA Teledials are 7.5" wide, its necessary to clear the big Brembos without using spacers.

·
Registered
30,263 Posts
Yes, you're right. GTA Teledials are 7.5" wide, its necessary to clear the big Brembos without using spacers.
Yes the GTA 17" are 7.5" wide, but caliper clearance is a totally separate issue to rim width.
Having a wider rim does not automatically mean more clearance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts