Alfa Romeo Forum banner

My TV is an...

• Fog Screen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't need TV, my life is full of action without :mad: (I'm sad)

• I don't have TV :(

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What???

If you have multiple TV's .... well just chooce one :p :p :p :p

·
Super Moderator
44,929 Posts
Yup. LCD's still can't get up to the quality of a decent CRT, and the prices are way out there.
To be honest, I haven't even considered an LCD TV yet, surely the fact that they have limited viewing angles would make them a pain in the ass to use?
Not such a big deal for a monitor of course.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Old style crt. :D

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
I have a Wega, but I don't know where I should vote, what TV types are those?? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
44,929 Posts
How far back does it go behind the screen Ant? If it's more than a couple of inches, it's more than likely a CRT. Unless it's rear projection, but I'm sure you'd know if you'd bought one of them.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Our home has

1. A 32" Hitachi Plasma

2. A Bayerman Myer LCD TV 51cm

3. A CRT Sony 51cm TV :D:D

Been playing GT4 on the Plasma :D :D Really Really GOOD! :D ;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Ant said:
I have a Wega, but I don't know where I should vote, what TV types are those?? :confused:
Sony Wega - CRT as Bazza said ;) Very sharp picture if you have a strong signal and decent aerial setup :D Bet GT4 is good on that ;)

Mines a Sony Widescreen CRT 32", the ones before the Wega's. 17" Sony Widescreen LCD in master bedroom :cool: A 15" in the guest bedroom, I think it's Panasonic - the last time I looked :confused:

:)

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Hehe, the 25" is connected to the DVD player thru component cables, so the image is awesome. :cool:

The PS2 is on another ona a 21", and only thru S-video...

Ironic isn't it. :D

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I use Pinnacle TV card in my PC, and 21" Eizo CRT. Why to bother with TV? DVD burner is in the PC, video recorder is connected to TV card too, 5.1 speakers as well, screen is big enough for me. Saves a lot of space and I can watch TV in a small window all the time when I use PC :)

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I have a 100hz WEGA that I bought a few years ago, the quality is absolutely amazing. Works well with my PS2 as well. I'm not sold on LCD yet. As a graphic designer, even the best Apple monitors aren't quite good enough for my needs yet, although they are getting there.

I know this is about TVs but if you want a good monitor look here. It's £3250 but no LCD monitor comes close.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Since I couldn't go to Holland this weekend due to unforeseen circumstances, I have just treated myself with a 30" LCD TV earlier today.

Actually the viewing angle problem is not that big a deal, LCD panels have come a looong way since the first color ones on notebooks. I have been window shopping for a while now and was quite amazed by the picture quality on most sets :cool:

-- Hoygs

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Fraser said:
You don't have a family then :D
Exactly :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure, that when family comes, big TV is a must :) :)

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
.......can I change my vote to "gonner" :(

6 months old and it went "phut" last night. Completely dead. Who says Japanese is the most reliable stuff :rolleyes:
To be fair, it's the first piece of Panasonic equipment I have ever had that has broken. My brother even just recently chucked out my first VCR, over 20 years old and it still worked - he only chucked it because of the lack of stereo etc.
Oh well. Guess I'll miss the GP on Sunday :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts