Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was washing my 08 Lusso and noticed I could fit my hand between tyre and rear arch on the offside but not on the near side. On closer inspection I can fit two fingers in the near side yet four on the offside?

However on the front it's the other way. Two fingers on offside four on the near side

How is this possible? Is my chassis bent or is this shot suspension and or wishbones?

Garage will have to repair as not long had the car

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I think this is VERY odd. They are the same sized wheels and tyres all around aren't they as it wouldn't be the first time odd size tyres had been fitted or swapped just on one side! If it is not wheel/tyre size try the same exercise parked in your garage or somewhere relatively level. I know my driveway is very uneven and that can have a big impact. After that definitely back to the garage and see what they say.

If there is no luck from your garage then get a body alignment check. And big body shop should be able to do it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, well I would assume that the tyres are the same as I would feel I would notice that but come the morning I will check

Also I will check the levels on a flat service

Garage isn't wide enough for me to wonder all the way round so ill use someone's else drive

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Bounce the car a few times on a level surface and try again - the 159 doesnt usually sit square at the back, more noticable on the Ti, but dont rule out a spring problem as yours is a larger than normal difference.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel silly. Uneven drive lol. Thanks for the help

Suspension at NSF is Defo making a 'knocking' noise on uneven roads tho!

·
Vendor
45,757 Posts
We've changed quite a few springs as the last coil tends to snap off.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can I check the spring, can I see by jacking it up and checking or will the wheel need to come off?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts