·
Registered
Alfa Giulietta MA 170 Exclusive
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE -
JUST HAD MOT DONE, NO PROBLEMS.
NEW TAX DISC, 6 MONTHS.

The time has come, after 2 years, my bella is for sale. I couldn't fit all the info I wanted in the for sale section so I have the full add below.

2001 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0 V6 24V

Registered March 2001, Y reg (One of the first registered in UK, 1/39 in UK)
Silver with black electric roof
Red Momo leather seats/doorcards, red carpet and black Alfa mats
46,860 miles
FSH
JUST HAD MOT DONE, NO PROBLEMS.
NEW TAX DISC, 6 MONTHS.
All original keys.
Original logbook and booklets.
Locking wheel nuts.
Tool kit.
I am the second owner.
Private plate not included.

Specification –
220bhp engine, Power steering, electric windows/mirrors/roof, CD player/changer, spare wheel, disc brakes all round, climate control, 6 speed gearbox.

Used two or three times a week and thoroughly enjoyed every time I get in the car. It is treated well e.g., regular checks on engine fluids/cleaned regularly, warmed up carefully when driven. I am a car enthusiast and driven many cars, it is a pleasure to drive and the car drives beautifully. I normally get bored of a car after a few months but I have kept this car for 2 years. I drove around Europe for 2 weeks, 1,600 miles, in this car with my girlfriend and the car did not miss a beat and has not done since. This is a very good example of the Spider, it is often commented on when out and about by the general public and at events where the car is on display. I have the rolling road graph print out to show how good the power curve is. This is the perfect Alfa to have for the centenary celebrations.

Reason for sale –
The money from the sale of the car will go towards a deposit for my first step on the property ladder.

Exterior –
The car exterior is generally in very good condition. There are a few stone chips on the bonnet. One alloy wheel (passenger front) has a small mark on it. One panel, drivers side rear quarter panel, has 3 parking dinks in it.

Interior –
The car interior is also generally in very good condition. The bolster on the base of the drivers seat right hand side has collapsed. There is a slight squeak from a roof hinge on the passenger side sometimes, but when the radio (medium level) is on you don’t hear it.

Parts replaced (from ownership or from Alfa Romeo before I picked up the car, 10,000 miles) –
Roof motor
Reconditioned compressor
Drop links
Indicator stalk
Wheel bearing
Belt stretcher x2
Fixed tightener x2
Sealing gasget x10
Grille x2
Trans belt
PIPE
Tie rod
Silencer
Timing belt
Receipts for nearly £6,000 worth of maintenance/repairs for last 5 years.

Modifications –
Kenwood CD/MP3 player (included in sale). Original CD changer in the boot but not wired to CD player.
Clear side repeaters.
Two intake runners replaced due to light corrosion
Front and rear Alfa badges due to discolouring
Engine bay detailed, the engine covers sprayed in silver and red to match the car. The plate behind the covers has been sprayed black to enhance the silver and red colours.

It is for sale at £6,750. Message me for more info.

Picture below as a taster, more pics on the for sale advert.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/boyracer666/alfa/DSCF6996.jpg

Jay

·
Registered
33 Posts
that's absolutely gorgeous. clearly been well cared for and loved...
only wish i'd seen it a couple of weeks ago before i bought my gtv!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
i can vouch for the impeccable nature of Jays car! i don't think i have ever seen him eat anything in it in case it gets spilled! :lol: seriously guys, if you are after a very good example of a V6 spider, they don't come better cared for than this one. and the noise from the front is amazing! buy it!!! i would if i could A) afford to run a V6, and B) could persuade the wife........... the first is easier to sort than the second i have found :lol: good luck with the sale Jay, return to the fold as soon as you can mate :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Lee, my girlfriend said its like im giving my baby up for adoption, she's right!

Cheers Jon, it has been well looked after.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's a beautiful example! One point to note is that I think you will sell the car easier if you put a years mot on it. I think some people would be wary of buying a car with only a month to go (if you have already sold it I will just get my coat...)!!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a fair point Harbuzi. Im constantly told how beautiful the car is, the next owner will get lots of jeleous looks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Jay, It's my first post on the site so Hello. . . I'm in the market for a 916 3.0 V6 Spider, yours looks to be right up my street :) . . . £6,995 looks a bit steep if I'm honest once I've ran the spec, mileage, age etc, sorry :( . . . are you open to offers at a more realistic market value or is this that the lowest ??? . . . sorry not the news you may of wanted to hear when you want as much as you can for that first step on the rung . . . Cheers Ian

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From looking at other cars of a similar spec and condition, I wouldn't say the price is steep. I have been monitoring the market over the last couple of months and cars at this price have been selling.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More pics and information on request...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are you replacing it with Jay?
Im not, im sharing my gf's KA until we are more sure with our finances. The most likely thing ill get when money allows, hopefully not after too long, is a Suzuki Cappuccino unless I get a payrise or something.

You sold yours yet?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice one, look forward to seeing it.

G

·
IanR said:
Hi Jay, It's my first post on the site so Hello. . . I'm in the market for a 916 3.0 V6 Spider, yours looks to be right up my street :) . . . £6,995 looks a bit steep if I'm honest once I've ran the spec, mileage, age etc, sorry :( . . . are you open to offers at a more realistic market value or is this that the lowest ??? . . . sorry not the news you may of wanted to hear when you want as much as you can for that first step on the rung . . . Cheers Ian
Under normal circumstances I would agree, but having seen the car on a number of occassions I can say that this is one of the nicest Spiders I have seen in a long time.

The fact that the car has been well looked after does increase it's value, there are sooo many 916s out there that have been ragged to death and now the sun is out people are trying to move them on

If I had the money I would have it myself, I remember speaking to Jay about the sale at Epsom and commented back then about how nice it was

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jay, im amazed you remember I bought it from Epsom!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Anyone want a Black 946 Spider LE ? So I can buy Jay's car and get myself a daily runaround too

Having seen Jay's car at a few meets I have to say it's most probably the nicest example of a 916 Spider I've seen.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.