Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bella passed the mot with no advisories , and had a service ,used selenia racing oil 10/60,only the best for my bella:inlove:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hear what you are saying simon, but it states this oil can be used for the v6,i will ring them tomorrow to clarify it

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
i hear what you are saying simon, but it states this oil can be used for the v6,i will ring them tomorrow to clarify it

For the Busso V6, not the Vauxhall derivative:tut:

;);)

Anyone else got an opinion as to 10/60 meant for a Busso in a JTS that should run 5/40:confused:

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you press on the more info part of the racing oil page its says its suitable for the jts engine, like i said i will ring them tomorrow:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I run 10/60 in our Busso engined GT & it's like treacle compared to the 5/40 that goes in the Brera.

The car's manual will say if it's ok to use 10/60 but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Another case of RTFM.
Giulietta owners know all about the problems with using the wrong oil with their MultiAir issues.
I'd get it drained pronto and start again.

My 2.2 also takes 5W/40 according to the manual, so that's what it gets :).
Not that it's helped me avoid the stretched timing chain problem, I've got to get that sorted next week :(:confused:.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I'll be peering out past a pillow when I read that story Lusso
I've a feeling that in the service I had done prior to my most recent a few weeks back, the guy used the wrong grade of oil :tut:.
It was just too cheap on the invoice, and I wasn't aware of the potential for problems then.
I'm sure this was the reason for my chain problem :rolleyes:.
The car's only done 44k and leads a pampered life.
I now buy my own Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 to be sure, and hand it over when it gets serviced (now using another garage that is run by a friend-of-a-friend).
Just use the right stuff and you stand a good chance of everything being ok :).

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Thanks, yet another for the remembering list.
:thumbs: And don't leave it 21k miles between oil changes, probably about half that makes more sense :).

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
guys its being sorted as we speak , shop 4 parts are confirming with selenia, for some reason on there database selenia racing is coming up to use in my engine ,but going to put selenia star back in

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
guys its being sorted as we speak , shop 4 parts are confirming with selenia, for some reason on there database selenia racing is coming up to use in my engine ,but going to put selenia star back in
:thumbs::).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts