Alfa Romeo Forum banner

My son is looking for his first Alfa

Tags
son
2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Headgasket14 
#1 ·
He fell totally in love with a red 145 1.8 TS we spotted while away, and has been scouring Autotrader and FleaBay for one - or something similar - ever since.

He fancies an Alfa from "the old days" to restore (with a bit of dad's help). So I'm putting this on the Forum to see if anyone knows about a cheap-ish set o wheels. He's only 18, doesn't have deep pockets, so newer ones are out. And his insurance premiums are genuinely shocking, so nothing too full-on rip-snortingly bonkers.

Do please chime in, either with suggestions or potential deals. Thanks!

#2 ·
I saw a very clean, red, (presumably ph2, due to the trim etc on an S plate)2.0ts GTV for sale at Red lodge (near Newmarket) two days ago for £750. I put it on here to see if anybody owned it, but obviously not a forum member. I have pics on my phone with the phone number.

#10 ·
I used their call back scheme a year ago for a car I'd bought. Booked the time of call. Pulled over into a layby ready for the call on the alloted day/time. If I had waited in that layby I'd still be there now, they never did call. Called another company number, and bought instant cover there and then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.