Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......my eldest had his first tentative drive today and smoothly negotiated a local supermarket carpark with no trouble........

and his first drive was an Alfa Romeo :)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
That's it, ruin every other car for him, how is it going to be when he gets his Corsa/Saxo now :lol:

My daughter had her first drive of a forklift yesterday, she was rubbish. :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
my daughter wants to drive the spider.....but she is only 7 and i have told her NO!!

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
Nice one.

Save up and get him a 145 Cloverleaf for his 17th, start 'em young :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
12 yr old Kia Rio's, I bet he'd rather ride a pushbike :lol:

Only bother with the Alfa as his first car as the insurance. Even the 1.6 or 1.4 would be expensive..

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
12 yr old Kia Rio's, I bet he'd rather ride a pushbike :lol:

Only bother with the Alfa as his first car as the insurance. Even the 1.6 or 1.4 would be expensive..
he even suggested one of those pay as you drive solutions

i haven't seen them in detail but i guess they will be dear

V

·
0 Posts
im sure i read something somewhere about young drivers who have cars like an alfa and some ins companies were doing a discount scheme if you had the engine restricted to 60 bhp or something :confused: im not really sure, i'll have a look see if i can find the info again

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
4 years ago my first years driving insurance on a Mazda 323 1.5 16v aged 19 (passed age 17) cost me £1250. I shudder to think what insuring a 17 year old on an Alfa whatever the scheme would cost :( :( :(

Thinking about it, he probably couldn't go far wrong with a Punto 1.2 16v, at least it has a bit of soul.

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4 years ago my first years driving insurance on a Mazda 323 1.5 16v aged 19 (passed age 17) cost me £1250. I shudder to think what insuring a 17 year old on an Alfa whatever the scheme would cost :( :( :(

Thinking about it, he probably couldn't go far wrong with a Punto 1.2 16v, at least it has a bit of soul.
that's the sort of thing i was thinking about :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Get him a smaller engined Fiat Stilo?

Im sure the 1.2 or 1.4 are pretty low in terms of insurance brackets. Plus you will be able to find some pretty young 1.4's about im sure! :thumbs:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
from getting a 147 for my first car, I really couldn't recommend one to a newb:lol:
TAX = DEAR
INSURANCE = DEAR
REPAIRS = DEAR
TYRES = DEAR

Get him a old school Mini, how i wish i had of gotten a Mini, cheap everything, fix it yourself, no BODY CONTROL COMPUTERS, more soul than your average Alfa, go-kart handling, easy to park (unlike the 147 tank) and with a few subtle modifications every trip will be like the Italian Job.:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts

and he did really well - sussed the clutch straight away
Is that because late at night he's been "borrowing" your keys and cruising around town?:lol: :lol:

As a youngster it's a great feeling when your olds let you do things like that. Builds up trust. You sound like a good Dad.:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
......my eldest had his first tentative drive today and smoothly negotiated a local supermarket carpark with no trouble........

and his first drive was an Alfa Romeo :)
The first car i drove was my brother in laws Porsche 928s.
I went to the corner and back all in first gear. :lol:

RE; first car, get him a Fiat Cinq Or Sei.. cheap as chips

1 - 20 of 24 Posts