Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
this is my baby, my pride and joy, i would trade the gf in for the money to finish it if i could, lol

spent about £15k on it so far and still not finished, yet to finish the interior and need to do some engine work

theres different wheels on it now, these pics are from the streetlife show at the nec last year

Most work carried out by Perkins Automotive - www.myspace.com/PerkinsAutomotive

Exterior:
PSG Bodystyling Combat Kit – Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Side Skirts
DTM Cup Wing Mirrors
Perkins Automotive Custom Bonnet with Bad Boy Brows
Perkins Automotive Custom Arches
Angel Eye Projector Head Lights
Halogen Fog Lights
Clear Rear Lights
Original SRi Spoiler
Fibreglass Smoothed Scuttle Panel
Vectra Door Handles – De-Locked
Roof Guttering, Side Repeaters, Front and Rear Wipers, Washer Jets and Badges all Removed
Tints all round
Chrome Bee-Sting Ariel
Re-Spray in Vauxhall Flame Red, with Silver Metal Flake Lacquer
Compomotive MO 17"x7" Alloys in white with Kuhmo 195/40/17 Tyres and Chrome Valves

Interior:
Corbeau GT Bucket Seats on modifyed Sub-Frames
Nardi Torino Steering Wheel
Sparco Chrome Foot Pedals
Race-X Chrome Gear Stick
Rear Bench and Parcel Shelf Removed

Engine:
1.4 8v MPi
Pipercross Induction Kit
Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust – 4-1 Manifold and Downpipe, Cat and Middle Box Removed and Custom Back Box
75amp Alternator (uprated)
55watt Battery (uprated)

Brakes:
Astra GTE 16V ATE Discs and Callipers

Suspension:
Jamex Springs – Front Lowered 40mm, Rear Lowered 60mm

ICE:
Pioneer CD/MP3 Head Unit
2x Vibe K-Series 60 16cm 2-way Component Speakers
Kicker KX800.2 Amplifier
2x Alpine Type-R 12” 1500watt Subs – in Sealed Box

Security:
Microscan Alarm, Immobiliser, Central Locking and Internal Sensors

J

·
0 Posts
i applaud you for campaigning a corsa, i have no doubt there will be some negative comments from some members of AO....

I used to be in the Vauxhall scene, billing and PVS were regular shows in my calendar

J

·
0 Posts
I've managed to blow 10k on a Mk2 cavalier before now and turn it into a show winner......

i'm looking at the spider currently with a view to really going to town on it, again there's at least 5 to 7K that could be spent in getting it looking really smart...and if i really wanted to push the boat out i could take that to 10K easy....funds permitting

H

·
0 Posts
doesnt even have a c20let or something!

not the way id spend 15k fo sho

V

·
0 Posts
you're on the wrong forum!

you've got a gtv and call a corsa your pride and joy :tut:

·
Vendor
45,307 Posts
A lot of effort has gone into that.. :)

K

·
0 Posts
It's not what I'd do with £15,000 but I guess what I'd do with it isn't what you'd do either.

Your car, your life, your money. If it makes you happy, what anyone else thinks is largely irrelevant.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I've always thought of the Corsa as something 17 yearolds and grannies drive and not something to get particularly excited about

15k is a lot to have spent but its your money to do what you want with :)

Hopefully you'll see the error of your ways now you have the Alfa :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ye sorry, not too good at loading up pics

i never planned on spending £15k, it only started with a £4k budget, but ideas spiralled out of control as they usually do...

as for the let, id love one if i had the money, but this car is all show, no go, so its never going to go over 30mph anymore anyway, plus, id have to change the bonnet as my custom bonnet wouldnt house the engine

its easy to get carried away wirth cost when ideas keep changing, something ive been working on for a few yrs after i crashed it and went into the back of a van, completely rebuilt the front end

im looking forward to playing with the gtv, although, ive had it 2 weeks and only had problems already lol

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
hmmmm...........

1 - 20 of 77 Posts