Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like many of us the Alfa Badge on my car has seen better days ... infact a couple of days ago the plastic cover fell off so I thought I'd see what happens if I try and "rejuevenate" with some t-cut I had lying around in my garage ...

So here is the result ... The red on the cross just came off with a single wipe :( to be replaced by the gold metal behind it, but I think it looks ok for now (until I get to the bottom of my list of things to do/buy and get round to replacing it ...)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I reckon that looks better than a crappy faded badge. Good job.
Thanks Jimmer :thumbs: ... I should really have taken a before photo though ...

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I like it :cool:

Chris, you might have started a new craze here. There will be Alfa owners up and down the country rushing out to strip the plastic coating off their badges and trying to get the same look for their car. :thumbs:

........ or maybe not. :p

;)

·
Registered
38,272 Posts
On one of my cars i managed to mask up the badge and re-paint the red cross. It looked pretty good. then i masked around the badge and spryed new laquer on it.

I bet most peoples laquer falls off in one piece like mine did.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On one of my cars i managed to mask up the badge and re-paint the red cross. It looked pretty good. then i masked around the badge and spryed new laquer on it.

I bet most peoples laquer falls off in one piece like mine did.

That exact thought did cross my mind ... oh yes and mine came off in one piece on this car on my previous alfa ...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Chris mate, don't be such a tight wad!! just go spend the £20 and get a new one!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I painted my red cross back on with Mrs Ricer's nail varnish - still looks fine 10 months later!

·
Registered
5 Posts
mines just faded a tad in the red cross, but the clear coat is still on it, looks fine for now though. badges are a bit more here in NZ sooo..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts