Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet your car doesn't have that, eh! If I leave it parked out in the rain for the evening, no need to get up early and have a shower in the morning - just jump in and it gushes all over me from the headlining!

Bloody leaky sunroof. Maybe time to get another Alfa.......

·
Registered
40,592 Posts
I purposely avoid cars with a sunroof for your very reason.

Virtually all of the older cars I have had with a sunroof have leaked, packed up ot gone rusty around the edge.

Plus they add weight and reduce headroom.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 156 sunroof never leaked... it just stopped working altogether instead :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My 28 year old Capri's sunroof doesn't leak & as far as I'm aware it's never had seals replaced (he says touching wood everywhere since the fabric surround on the seals has torn :confused:)

I must say that when I went in a friends Saxo once I thought the metal was very thin you could put holes through it & the door handle nearly came off in my hand. That said if it is A-B transport you can't help it

·
Registered
391 Posts
My mums old Clio did that, but it would leak into the remote control sensor that was fixed to the headlining.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I bet your car doesn't have that, eh! If I leave it parked out in the rain for the evening, no need to get up early and have a shower in the morning - just jump in and it gushes all over me from the headlining!

Bloody leaky sunroof. Maybe time to get another Alfa.......
Meh! wayne-dear has a 155 with the same feature built in. At least he did have at MF.:lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:lol: My old Fiat 126 used to give me a head full of rust if I opened the sunroof.

·
Vendor
47,364 Posts
My 156 sunroof never leaked... it just stopped working altogether instead :rolleyes:
I never sorted it either - too much hassle. All the 2nd hand sunroof mechanisms I had in stock were incredibly rusty, so I don't reckon I could have fixed it had I tried..

·
Registered
40,592 Posts
Take out the fuse and apply some bathroom sealant.

No more hassle. :p

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take out the fuse and apply some bathroom sealant.

No more hassle. :p
Would that be the fuse between my arm and the twisty handle in the roof? :p

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But the handle is my only means of ensuring the seal is properly compressed! The design of these sunroofs is truly awful - the whole unit sits inside a recess in the roof panel pressing, then the glass sits on top of the rubber seal with a gulley all round the edge. So many ways for the water to get in... :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts