Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Here's what I plan to do......

Ordering Tune box (CR Tech2 from Bluespark) this weekend along with 2no. Deflector plates and a K&N Airfilter replacement.
My mechanic friend & I will be stripping the EGR next weekend to carb clean it properly and when re-installing the valve incorporate the two deflector plates.... (rectangular 4 holes and oval 3 holes).

How does this sound?
Full exhaust system at Christmas I reckon.....

What I've mentioned above is based on everything I have read these past few weeks and from various threads.
my post here is my take with regards to getting a more responsive GT, more fuel efficient (although great anyway) and an increase in power when required (but being careful), as I want to look after my clutch and flywheel etc (Big bucks).

So, those of you fellow enthusiasts who clearly know a lot more than I do in this instance I would appreciate your thoughts - Simple but effective?! :thumbs: or :tut:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Good luck. Should be great. Almost like a OEM+ version.
Small tweaks can really make a car that little bit better.

Enjoy it why you keep it and make sure you give it a good few runs.

Simple mod like strut bar will help if you are battling through the B / A road twisties. Makes a difference to directional change with the heavy diesel lump in the front.
A rear Strut brace will also help with understeer.

They are easy to install too and require no real fabriaction or suspension changes. just helps stiffen the car up a little

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck. Should be great. Almost like a OEM+ version.
Small tweaks can really make a car that little bit better.

Enjoy it why you keep it and make sure you give it a good few runs.

Simple mod like strut bar will help if you are battling through the B / A road twisties. Makes a difference to directional change with the heavy diesel lump in the front.
A rear Strut brace will also help with understeer.

They are easy to install too and require no real fabriaction or suspension changes. just helps stiffen the car up a little
SWEET! :thumbs: I'll look into this also.....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything order today and hope to receive the CR Tech 2 box tomorrow if nothing else :thumbs:

By the way, I wrapped some of that dental floss around the pin top & bottom to one of my door checks and it's stopped TIK TOK'n!!! Works a treat :)

Greatest tip I've notice to date! :D lol 'simple things?!'

J

·
0 Posts
I would be interested in how you get on with this box, the testimonials look pretty good.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AWESOME!!!

No more smoke in accelerating hard and so much more responsive just on default settings!

I can't seem to find a really good spot for the box to sit though... Anyone recommend a good place to position it? :0/

J

·
0 Posts
Hmm, good to know. I'll get saving my pennies!

Just a thought but on my 156 there is a load of space behind the wheel arch liner and access to the engine bay via the same hole the abs sensor wiring goes through. I don't know exactly how the setup looks but if you could mount it like that it would keep the engine bay looking factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts