Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well fellow Mitorists. Here she is. My new 1.4 MA 135 BHP Distinctive in Graphite Grey with tints and electric folding mirrors. I absolutley love the choice in colour. I ordered it on 12th June this year and picked her up on 9th Sept from Whitequay Alfa in Reading. The sales manager there Steve did a first class job, on the order, the deal and in particular on collection day. Taking into account this is one of many new cars I have bought over the years and can, therefore, compare dealers, Steve was very thorough and made collection day a very good experience.

Unfortunatley, 5 hours and 45 miles after collection I picked up a small stone chip on the drivers side rear wheel arch. Could have been pure bad luck and coincidence, but given the grumbles on here on the Mito stone chips thread, it made me nervous about what might come.

Steve was very much on the ball, I called parts the next day to order a paint stick to be told that Steve had already ordered for me the rear wheen arch paint protectors, free of charge, I might add !

Today (one week later) he picked the car up from me, fixed the small chip and had the rear arch paint protectors fitted (Top man !!). Anyone know if the protectors do the job ?

I also had the 'brushed' aluminium door threshold kick plates, that have 'Mito' embossed into them, fitted today. They look the dog's b's when opening the doors and will help prevent scuffs on the paintwork when getting in.

Driving in' N' mode its a very nice car, but when driving in 'D' Mode its a bit of a nutter, and that's coming from a 56 year old 'boy racer' !! I can't stop admiring it, I can' t stop smiling when driving it and my friends and neighbours are quite impressed by its sporty looks and the colour, which when in daylight really sets off its lines.

If I got this bit right...here are some photos of my Pocket Rocket ! :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Your Mito looks fantastic, hope you enjoy it. I love the colour. Shame paint on modern car's aren't what they used to be.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great pics! Glad you're enjoying the new car it's a shame about the stone chip but I'm sure the protectors will help. We've had our Mito (with protectors) for a couple of weeks now and done just over 600 miles and we're still chip free despite hearing/feeling stones hitting the car.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Looks good, get the rear wheel arch film protector and some front mudflaps.

If you don't mind spending a few pennies check out paintshield for protective film :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks good, get the rear wheel arch film protector and some front mudflaps.

If you don't mind spending a few pennies check out paintshield for protective film :)
Wo0dy, I was considering getting front mud flaps I'm not convinced by some of the pics I've seen on here but I do like the carbon fibre one's which I believe you have. I shall have to see if italiaautoparts can get some more :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
There's a trader on eBay that sells the sameones. dig through some threads - think his username is carbonmods, not 100% as didn't get mine from him though I know 996 did :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Enjoy! 3250 miles since July and no stone chips as yet... few roads being resurfaced round my way too! *Touch wood* I've been lucky...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very nice indeed....I have a couple of questions:

Does the Distinctive come with red callipers as standard?

Also, how do you find only having a 5 speed box......is it OK at motorway cruising?

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Plasma,

Yes the distintive does come with red brake calipers. They have also tidied up the usb connection socket by the gear stick and it looks a little more robust and the cover now slides just to the right hand side, instead of sliding it rather wonkily (wonkily is that a word ? I ask myself) to the left.

I love the looks and so does everyone else that's caught a glimpse of it. The 5 speed has been fine, but I confess that I have not had any need as yet to go on the motorway b(ut will be doing so later this week). I'll keep you posted. Dynamic mode makes me grin from ear to ear !! :thumbs:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woody, I have taken a look at Carbon Mods (they trade on Ebay..but they also have a very good website. Did you buy the mini (as in small and not as in the car) carbon mudflaps. When you fitted them did you only need to drill the wheel arch palstic liner of did you drill the metall wheel arch lip. Hopefully , you only had to drill the palstic wheel arch cover.

I have been thinking, I saw in Halfords some of those folded black metal clips that have have a plain hole one side and a 'starred' hole the other for taking a self tapper. The ones that can clip onto a thin piece of metal or plastic.

If I bought the mini carbon mudflaps and there was enough meat on them to overlap the plastic wheel arch, I was thinking, that instead of just putting black self tappers (with built-in pre-formed washers on the head)...... after drilling the holes through the carbon flaps and marking theeir position on the wheel arch liner. I could work out the hole distance and cut the smallest of slots (with a Dremmel and tiny cutting disk) that is barely the thickness and width of the metal clip. Then slot the folded clip into the plastic liner and then put the se;f tapper into that rather, than directly into plastic arch with no real purchase.

If you have front flaps, could you provide a measurment of how low below the sill they can hang, without causing an obstruction and catching on things like road humps etc.

Chhers. trev.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shoei.

Very nice your is too. I love the colour and how the light reflects the body work shape. How long have you had yours (age and milage) and have you had any signs of the stone chip problem particualry on the sills and rear wheel arches ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got mine back in Feb(25th to be precise). Was an ex-demo so it had 1200 miles on the clock.
Im up to 6600 in total now.
Not noticed any stone chips, in fact compared to the wifes Civic, the paint on the MiTo is a gazillion times better. Her civic is festooned with paint chips on bonnet and wings. Might raise it with Honda when she gets it serviced. Its only done 7000miles!!

Running the MiTo on Sainsburys Super-unleaded now, get a few more mpg out of it and response in "N" feels a lot better.
Love the TCT gear box, great in dawdle mode and lots of fun in Dynamic & Manual, the blips on down changes are great plus the rate you can down through the box is good, especially for roundabouts.
Didnt intend to get a MiTo, was looking at 1007 auto's. But hey, life is short. Gotta have fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts