Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my GTV around July time to a local chap for £1400 who relisted it on the internet for double :rolleyes: The price dropped and dropped to around the same price and now its back on pistonheads at double again

Liburd Motor Company : Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24v Lusso

Intresting that it states "full Afla Romeo service history" yet was serviced and stamped by the local mechanic down the road :lol:

I'm really tempted to ring up tomorrow and find out what dealer it was done at

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
£1400 was cheap for what looks like a good motor phase 1 as well...........recon the wheelerdealers made a few quid there ......shame

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£1400 was cheap for what looks like a good motor phase 1 as well...........recon the wheelerdealers made a few quid there ......shame
You say that but I couldn't sell it for a long time and had it for sale for £1500 on Ebay, pistonheads, gumtree and autotrader.

I don't think it will be going for that price. When I didn't know anything about GTV's I brought it but would much rather have a phase 2

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
remember tryin to sell mine on a 2000 reg 3.o gtv and it reached about 1700 on ebay when reserve was 2k and then 2nd time sum guy offered me 1500 i laughed at him and said bud dont insult me mate lol :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sold my GTV around July time to a local chap for £1400 who relisted it on the internet for double :rolleyes: The price dropped and dropped to around the same price and now its back on pistonheads at double again

Liburd Motor Company : Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24v Lusso

Intresting that it states "full Afla Romeo service history" yet was serviced and stamped by the local mechanic down the road :lol:

I'm really tempted to ring up tomorrow and find out what dealer it was done at
Not saying this is the case here, but I almost bought a car with 'FSH' from eBay, then just before paying for it I checked the guys history. He'd recently bought a dealer service stamp for said make of car. There were no receipts to back up the history so I walked.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest I wouldn't be suprised these days. I know the history and it's never been serviced at an Alfa Romeo garage.

Don't know what your buying :lol:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't be suprised these days. I know the history and it's never been serviced at an Alfa Romeo garage.

Don't know what your buying :lol:
a half hour with a 916 will tell you if its been properly maintained I recon although you would need proof of cambelt and suspension me thinks ........other wise you pays your money you takes your chance.....................but I didn't think the market had dropped to £1400 phase 1 or 2 :eek: but to me mines priceless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts