Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil cap has white and brown mayo when the car is cold, but there are ik anything on the dipstick ..But when I run a long trip and make clean oil cap when engine is hot, so is there ik no mayo ....

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Do you do mainly short journeys with the car?

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
It could just be a slight build up of moisture and the little bit of 'mayo' is the result. Check your coolant and see if there is any brown sludge or oily deposits. If that is as it should be, I think you are okay.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
My little ladies suffered from this problem. Cured by more frequent oil changes using a decent oil, and journey runs which ensured the motor was thoroughly warm?:):

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
its water thats in metal and when engine heats up its turned into condensation and if engine doesnt get hot enough it doesnt evaporate and mixes partially with oil mist and ends up with mayo sludge in cap
a good blast once a week will keep it down if not cure it,but more oil changes are in order if your doing short journeys

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Ho Hum!Often when fiddling with Vivas, Victors, Veloxes and Viscounts in those dark and distant days, PEP pistons were fitted to reduce piston, ring, and bore blowby,.... to minimise the emulsified condensate caused by the process of combustion which resulted in the whitish pukey deposits forming on colder areas of the motor? Modern oils are much better at helping to keep this in check though?:):

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Ho Hum!Often when fiddling with Vivas, Victors, Veloxes and Viscounts in those dark and distant days, PEP pistons were fitted to reduce piston, ring, and bore blowby,.... to minimise the emulsified condensate caused by the process of combustion which resulted in the whitish pukey deposits forming on colder areas of the motor? Modern oils are much better at helping to keep this in check though?:):
if you remember they had a fan cooling motor all the time shuvit sorry chevette was the worst for it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks for your answer all in here, is actually after I changed the oil as it comes mayo, but I will change oil quick muliget with a new oil! .. Which oil seems I must use ... I now use Agip 10w-40. There is no oil in water .. But when the car is warm, water is able to max and when the car is cold, water is able to mini -

1 - 13 of 13 Posts