Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know not everyone likes tats, especially on women but what would be your next one.....real or imagined?

I got my next tat drawn up yesterday, a 'cartoon' heart with wings that has mine and Mr JF's initials and the date of our wedding in it:inlove: Pics up when it's done.......when I've saved up the £120 ...gulp

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want 1 but not sure what i want :confused:, id like my cousin to do it though as he has his own tattoo shop and he's really good :D

Yours sounds good though :thumbs:
I'd travel for mine.....do you have a linkie for his shop? I have 4 tats and this will be a cover over of a [email protected] one that 'bled', on my right wrist. I love tattoos :D

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I think I'd like two Koi carp leaping up a waterfall on my right calf, the left one is full of 1940's stlye bomber girl (like the ones on WWII flying fortress) :D

Full lenght knee to ankle :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I'd travel for mine.....do you have a linkie for his shop? I have 4 tats and this will be a cover over of a [email protected] one that 'bled', on my right wrist. I love tattoos :D
It would be a bit of a travel but here is his shop :D

This is Julians stuff but there's a couple more people who work there aswell :)

Home - SkinScene Tattoos

When i was younger I went over there with my other cousins and we watched him for ages doing a tattoo for someone, was interesting seeing it go from someone's imagination, onto the paper stuff, then onto the persons skin and then the final tattoo :)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
mine is gonna be a purple dragon/dragonfly on my ankle, with the tail wrapped round my ankle bone, gonna hurt like stink tho thats why i havnt had it yet:)

·
Administrator
23,044 Posts
I don't understand tattoos.

I am an overweight 60 year old man. I have long hair and beard to match. I wear earrings. I am happy with my appearance and don't give a stuff about what people think.

BUT - in the unlikely event I would wake up tomorrow, look in a mirror, and think "Blimey Paul you look like ****" I would be able to go on a diet, have a haircut and remove metal bits.

If I had tattoos it would not be so easy - I would be stuck with choices I made at certain ages and for certain reasons which may later lose significance.

My point? - Why make appearance choices permanent?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Paul, that is why having one done shouldn't be taken lightly.

I had my first one done when I was 30 that's 15 years ago and even now in the summer when I wear shorts I shave my leg and apply hand cream to my tattoo because I like it and in my eyes it's a piece of artwork on my body.

None of my tatoos are visible when I'm in my work wear because they are part of my personal life not my professional life.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Administrator
23,044 Posts
Paul, that is why having one done shouldn't be taken lightly.

I had my first one done when I was 30 that's 15 years ago and even now in the summer when I wear shorts I shave my leg and apply hand cream to my tattoo because I like it and in my eyes it's a piece of artwork on my body.

None of my tatoos are visible when I'm in my work wear because they are part of my personal life not my professional life.
Hmm - OK

I think I like a quote from a character in a film called "Once Were Warriors" - whereby the main characters are modern Maori "gangs" and they are all highly facially tattooed. Pressure is put on him to comply.

The quote:-

"I wear my tattoos on the inside"

That's where mine are.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Like I say it's a personal choice to have a tatoo and not one I took lightly.

There was no peer pressure to have any of mine done, if anything exactly the opposite my dad was an ex sailor and was most upset when he saw my tattoo, as he'd spent years in the Navy and didn't have a single tattoo.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can't see the the point in tattoos - and would really like to know why some get them:)
Dunno why I got mine to be honest, just asked the wife as she has one as well. Best answer is cause we wanted one and that's about all we could think of. Same reason I got an Alfa ;)

I can tell you I spent ages looking for one and finally gave up and designed my 1st one which is a tribal bird of pray about to strike (wings back claws out). And it's taken me nearly another 10 years to find another one I actually want. And this time I want it for emotional reasons.
And they're cool lol

1 - 20 of 82 Posts