Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 147 GTA yesterday and thought i would post a couple of pics

captainrod13/gta - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was looking for one in Blue Red or Black but when i saw this i thought it was stunning. I especially like the black/tan leather interior

Apart from the obvious extra 100 horses and the glorious v6 engine it is a much more together car from my 147 twinnie. it feels more solid with nicley weighted steering , tight feeling gear change and light smooth clutch. the suspension feels more forgiving than the twinspark as well which is suprising . I really like the oil temp display on the trip computer but think the the BOSE is kind of superfluous as the only sound track i will be listening to is from the engine :lol:

Very glad i took the plunge . it is the first proper fast car that i have had for over 10 years (TVR Griffith) and it feels great to be driving something with serious grunt especially as me and the missus have sold all our bikes to make way for our baby that is due today :)

I hope to try and make it to afew events and runs this year and look forward to putting faces to some of the posters on this site.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Excellent Choice, I am a big fan of the twin tone style seats.

I picked up mine in May, it hasn't missed a beat and has been a joy to own since day one - I'm sure yours will be the same.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Great car Rodz !!! congratulations !

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
That is one stunning looking car :inlove: :inlove:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Very nice Rod - a man with excellent taste in cars;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Now get busy modding it, you'll soon find the limit believe me ;)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now get busy modding it, you'll soon find the limit believe me ;)
Hmm let me think
Q2 , FSD's with Eibach's, powerflex bushes ,cat back supersprint with straight through centre section, Autodelta intake and remap. Thats the money from selling the twinnie spunked :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all honesty i think i will keep it standard apart from the Q2 and powerflex bushes when they need doing. lets see how long i can resist the temptation!!!!!!!!!!.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the car everyone :)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Swanny what Griff have you got ? I had an un catted 4.3 big valve in pacifica blue with black mohair hood. dare i say it but I think that the sound of that V8 could possibly have been even better than the GTA. I sold it when i got married ( first time around) and ended up with my ex's bloody 1100 metro for nearly a year. With hindsight i should have kept the TVR and kicked the Ex missus into touch :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hmm let me think
Q2 , FSD's with Eibach's, powerflex bushes ,cat back supersprint with straight through centre section, Autodelta intake and remap. Thats the money from selling the twinnie spunked :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all honesty i think i will keep it standard apart from the Q2 and powerflex bushes when they need doing. lets see how long i can resist the temptation!!!!!!!!!!.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the car everyone :)
Hi Rod,

Firstly congrats:thumbs: Get a Q2 its essential and make sure the belts and maintenance work is upto date.

I have a Autodelta intake and the noise they make is good but I wouldnt really reccomend it. More throttle responce but expensive for what it is. Get a remap but only after you have had a Q2. You dont want extra power if the standard diff carnt take the power before hand. Maybe wait a few months before the remap, get used to the power and the way the car feels first. Then, when you start thinking she aint so fast get her tweeked. Mine is now upto 263bhp and loving it!:D

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hi Swanny what Griff have you got ? I had an un catted 4.3 big valve in pacifica blue with black mohair hood. dare i say it but I think that the sound of that V8 could possibly have been even better than the GTA. I sold it when i got married ( first time around) and ended up with my ex's bloody 1100 metro for nearly a year. With hindsight i should have kept the TVR and kicked the Ex missus into touch :lol:
Hiya Rod, I've got a late 500 and love it to bits. I got divorced and THEN went mad with cars....:)
Do you think you'll get another (the prices have fallen significantly recently)

edit - I've put a couple of pics of the Griff in my album

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
lovely GTA :thumbs:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nice GTA Rodz,welcome to the DARK side :wow:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Hiya Rod, I've got a late 500 and love it to bits. I got divorced and THEN went mad with cars....:)
Do you think you'll get another (the prices have fallen significantly recently)

edit - I've put a couple of pics of the Griff in my album
Your Griff's a lovely colour mate :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Swanny
had a look at your Griff and it looks great. I could be tempted to get another in the future and a late Griff would be right up my street. the Flat plane AJP V8 and the speed six engine just dont have the same character as the old Chevy/Rover /TVR V8:lol: as a matter of intrest which do ypu prefer, GTA or Griff?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
as a matter of intrest which do ypu prefer, GTA or Griff?
Even if you put a gun to my head I'd stuggle to choose between the two. The Griff is a very special car (as you know) but the GTA is just as good in different ways.
Same with the engines - the RV8 sounds a bit like a NASCAR (mine is partially de-catted) but the Alfa V6 is soooo smooth, revvy and a little bit growly too (Supersprinted)
Love them both equally:inlove:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts